AVA Van Alstine SET 400 amplifier -- burn in?

I am not trying to spark a debate about burn in. I purchased an AVA SET 400 amplifier and will give it a listen for 30 days and decide if it works for me.

If you’ve owned this amp or other solid state amps from AVA and have noticed any changes to the sound over time, can you please describe for me?

I asked Mr. Van Alstine about this and his reply was "No burn in time, it’s running up to speed within a couple of minutes."

What’s your experience? It arrives in less than a week. Thank you.
128x128hilde45
Its been a liong time since I've owned a SS amp. But I'm pretty sure  they had a break in period. Not that long but maybe a week at the most. AAMOF, burn in is the very reason many a'philes leave their amps powered up 24/7/365. I did. Thats the one advantage that SS has over tubes. Its always ready to sound its best. Tube amp 20 min minimum for sound to open up.
Yeah, some think burn is a farce, some a must. 
  I’m the “there is a warm up process for better sound”

As soon as they arrive, set up, plug in and power on, leave the amps pushing power via CD player preamp etc , listen right away for a while, then leave the cd on repeat, or stream (if that’s ur thing) continuously and see if you notice a difference. 
   I can very much hear a laser effect from initial turn on, versus being on for 10 hours, before I give a good listen.
    I turn on my amp, preamp, source, the night before I listen,
  I usually start some tunes about 4-5 pm after work, after being on from the night before for warm up.

There is a definite difference, when first powered up, the bass is just tight  and with little depth, same for the midrange, but after that warm up of give or take 10 or 24 hours, I can very much hear a difference in the beauty coming from my speakers to my ears.       The bass is deeper, with more depth, and the midrange is like a laser beam of perfection. It’s more fluid like, with a better sense of each guitar chord or power chord , solo. 
    I know, it sounds dumb, I can hear a difference.Teflon takes longer to get to temp I have been told. 
Enjoy.
leave them on, and let us know what you hear......from initial power up , and after a week of being powered up.
I would give it at least 30 hours of play time before critical evaluation of any new amp. I do not own the AVA Set 400, but a good friend does and he felt it opened up more after a while.
Break In, not burn in..

The manufacture probable lets them percolate for 1-200 hours before you get it. EVERYTHING breaks in.. Period.. He just may have bench tested enough that YOUR changes will be very subtle. Usually after the first 45 minutes to an hour, thing quit sounding wonky and settle in. In about a week you'll get use to it. That's when I notice if something get messed with..  Tone control (the wife will change the tone control.. :-)

Teflon caps I have to leave the room 200 hours.. at least.. I quit using them because of the long break in times..
I went to copper foil. Night and day..