Looking for CD player

I have $1500.00 to spend on the best CD player I can buy. I would like suggestions on what I should start to look at.
livelifewise
I have a Marantz HD CD-1 which has all current outs, then a Audio Alchemy DDP-1+ PS5, or DDP 2 which also is a preamp
Killer
"...Why spend that much? Just get a new NAD player for around $500. IMO all CD players sound alike!..."

Well I can't agree with that but on the other hand I have used inexpensive players in some systems and I have gotten very favorable results. However, the high-end players do offer much more if your system is up to it. 
from what was mentioned above go with a Rega Saturn if you cna find one for that price.

marantz work great till the laser quits, which happens quite often even on their top players, then you request replacement parts there are none available -- one exception to the japanese quality truism - so beware...

older sony players es are excellent, just stay away from the 5 cd carousel ones where the mechanism can break then it is brick

older cambridges, ayres and musical fidelity models have good reputations and good support if problems arise
Cambridge CXC w/ Denafrips Ares ll, Rega Apollo (current version)...these sound better to me than my Marantz CD6006 which is a great low price choice...