Tidal MQA Hollowness

Has anyone (or perhaps everyone) noticed that MQA doesn't sound like actual music, but rather a dumbed-down version with all dynamics and angularities smoothed out into a seamless, easily digested pabulum? Anyhow that's my impression after several months' listening and finally listening critically. Seems an analogue of trends in contemporary English usage: students are now taught they needn't learn any of the 788 once-common English prepositions, since "in terms of" can replace them all; that "impact" can replace all 343 once common verbs denoting specific effects of one thing upon another; that "engaged in conduct" can replace any and every sort of doing something in particular; and so forth. 
The sugar-coating of actual recordings seems to me the same as the refusal to call things what they are. Vague abstraction in sound strikes me as very like vague abstraction in language. Whatever may be happening politically, what seems to be happening culturally is the realization of a Brave New [dystopic] World. I'm thinking that while vinyl may crack or pop, it never lies. I know others have the same impression, and just wondering how many.  
hickamore
as fuzz said at the outset -- mqa has been discussed ad nauseum on other threads... feel free to search the digital section

search bar is above
onhwy61, cleeds: you are seriously overreading and projecting as well. Absolutely nothing to do with "western" language, but English alone, and just one specific tendency in English usage common to ALL users of the language, irrespective of politico-cultural orientation. Nothing to do with Western values, which I support and feel lucky to have inherited. Not "finding something to dislike;" Orwell's famous essay was written in the 1940s and Wilson Follett's English usage guide was completed in 1961 by Jacques Barzun. Stuff that had been "found" before some or most of us were even born. 

My point is that MQA does to music what the dumbers-down of English do: it removes precision, depth, and detail, making nuanced discriminations impossible. Please explain how this has anything to do with culture wars. Unless, of course, you are acquainted with the English usage wars that exploded at the time Webster's Third was published in 1961, and the assaults on prescriptive usage by the MLA with much academic opposition. Your comments are sheer projection and wildly misguided.

jjss49, I did scan earlier threads on MQA, but nothing jumped out at me. Maybe I should have been more patient. Sorry for wasting your time. Won't make that mistake again.

op

not wasting my time... just hope you are able to find the numerous lengthy discussions on mqa that have already been had here already

certainly no paucity of strongly held opinions and experiences already expressed on the topic

cheers
More to discover