Jazz Club..... Nice....

Bought my first Jazz album today Miles Davis Kind of Blue. Playing on my Rega through my tube amp.... Wow just Wow.....
superblackbirddave1
Hi Dave ,
Many owners of el 34 amplifiers seem to be quite enthusiastic about the Genalex Gold Lion KT 77. It is said to be a direct drop in replacement for the el34. Some seem to like JJ electronics and the Mullard re-issue el34.
Charles
Dave,
I have used a 300b amplifier for a number of years. Back when I used my el34 amplifier I had the Svetlana Winged C and they were good sounding tubes.
Charles
Yes, they are very good sounding tubes. How I wish I had bought an extra set a few years ago when I replaced the output tubes in my Manley monoblocs! It’s that time again and sixteen matched 6L6GC’s are impossible to find. Singles, when one can find them go for about $100 each!

Very good Jazz recommendations, Charles.

To the OP: Probably no better record as an introduction to this great music. Besides simply being a great listen, the importance of KOB in the overall scheme of Jazz cannot be overstated. Like much of what Miles Davis did, one of those recordings that literally changed the direction of Jazz. The most important early use of a modal approach to harmony; and things would not be the same thereafter.

A couple more records to add to the great recommendations already offered:

Oliver Nelson/ “The Blues and the Abstract Truth”.
Charlie Parker/ “...with Strings”
Herbie Hancock/ “Maiden Voyage”
Charles Mingus/ “Ah Um”
John Coltrane/ “Blue Train”
Art Pepper/ “Meets the Rhythm Section”
Miles Davis/ “Seven Steps to Heaven”
Duke Ellington/ “...at Newport”

Hi guys thank you all for your input ,I have ordered some gold lion kt77s and some voskhod 6j1s so hopefully some improvements to the amp. As for the recommendations for music really like John Coltrane and the Charles mingus track goodbye pork pie hat  and chet I think its Baker or Barker sorry can't remember but any how enjoying finding and listening to these fantastic musicians ... 
Cheers Dave
Hi Dave,
I'm glad that you are enjoying the jazz genre,  timeless music performed by supremely gifted musicians.  Frogman made some wonderful recommendations.  Dave, you won't find a more knowledgeable jazz aficianodo on this forum than him.

I hope that the Gold Lion KT 77s work out well for you. They've achieved quite a word of mouth reputation, of course  different ears/amplifiers/audio systems are a factor in regard to preference. 
Charles