Jazz Club..... Nice....

Bought my first Jazz album today Miles Davis Kind of Blue. Playing on my Rega through my tube amp.... Wow just Wow.....
superblackbirddave1
My other two favorites are Sonny Rollins Saxophone Colossus and Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus. Realize however I am not that into jazz. These are what I would call more "approachable" jazz. Some of it is a pretty out there chaotic mess to the untrained ear. There is a style to jazz that for me is a bit of a learning curve. One I find myself enjoying more as the years go by, for whatever that is worth. 

Actually now that I think of it my favorite is Ellington Jazz Party.  

The all-time classic is Brubeck Time Out. Beautifully recorded, terrific musicianship, but (and I will catch flack for this no doubt) a bit of a gimmick. Literally. Time Out refers to each track being recorded in a different time signature. Makes for some interesting listening but the others I mentioned are a lot more engaging, for me anyway. Jazz Party is to my ears easily the most approachable or wide audience of all the ones I mentioned, yet still covers quite a range. The one I have is 3 LP's, one 33 and two 45. 

If you ever get to where you have a record you are really into and want to hear everything your system can do, https://better-records.com/search?q=ellington Crazy expensive but equally crazy high sound quality!
OP,
If you’re developing an interest in jazz here are a few you may find enjoyable.
1 Julian (Cannonball) Adderly, "Something Else" prominently featuring Miles on trumpet.
2 Miles Davis "Someday My Prince Will Come"
3 John Coltrane "Giant Steps" and "Blue Trane"
4 Gerry Mulligan "Night Lights"
5 Chet Baker "Chet"
6 Milt Jackson "Bags Meets Wes" (Wes , referring to jazz guitarist Wes Montgomery).
Tiny sample of some wonderful jazz. There are thousands more😅.
Enjoy,
Charles

Hi  Dave,
What tube amplifier are you using? Just curious as I have 3 of them. Welcome to the world of jazz music😊.
Charles

Don’t forget Bill Evans, who played piano on Kind of Blue. He, and the rest of the cats on that disc, are amazing.