What’s your obstacles on the way of listening

Summer time is coming, birds are going crazy, saws and grass cutters are buzzing, hummers are knocking, leaves are rustle... what else is on the way of your listening? ... my best season of listening is Christmas time and fallowing couple of months. Looks like Arctic Circle geographically the best place for critical listening:)... lucky Alaskans and North Canadians :)
surfmuz
So the question is, What distract us from listening?

Or what distracts us period. 

I'm a retired HEAVY equipment master mechanic. I have been plagued with hearing hypersensitivity, sense birth. I still have to wear -15db inserts.  I HATE NOISE.  49 years of ear plugs and muffs..

The benefit was and is great hearing NOW. 16Khz plus, from 20khz in my 20s. I'm 66 now.  By 18khz there is some serious roll off.

I can at least drive with the window down NOW. That would just ruin a listen for the night, and the AC in MY service truck kept ice cream cold in the cab..:-) Still does.. That would dry you out like no other.. Catch 22..THEN.. Not so much now..

I have a neighbor that moved in last year. He has a PU with pipes and a Harley that is pretty quiet.. BUT 5:30 in the morning, and he will warm them up for 10 plus minutes.. DRIVES ME BONKERS.. It takes ONE minute to warm up a piece of NEW equipment... UNLESS your below ZERO.. or above 100 degrees.. pretty simple..

Contributed to my heart attack, I kid you not.. I'm CLOSE with this guy, I'm back on the iron pile..  I'm patient as Jobe though.. Potato in the ol tailpipe time.. :-)

Don't make me uncork my 5.0 liter Eddie Bower. LOL 180 degree headers.. WhoppA!! Serious "Farm Truck" 12.9 quarter with a chip change, little turbo boost bump an NOS adjustment.
Fast PU.. LOL 20+ miles to the gallon..
So the question is, What distract us from listening?
Well, what distract us is wide question... some times an article topic or phone beep could distract you from listening but those things are controllable by you and other are not. 
Wives are like that... vac cleaners, hair dryers, dishwashers and washing machines :)... most disturbing is watching YouTube videos during your listening:)