Replaced Mylar Belt with Kapton (Polyimide) Belt. Very Nice Results

I have  Teres 340 TT which I have been using Mylar Tape as the drive belt. I make my own using the recipe of Doug Deacon from several yrs ago. Since I was in need of another belt and didn't have all the necessary material, I began looking around. This brought me to the Gabilier Website. Since Thom Macree and Chris Brady had originally worked together on the Teres project, I looked around and found that Kapton is the preferred material for their belts. So, since the tape is pretty inexpensive, I had to try it. I finished 2 of them yesterday.

I set out to test the belt at about 3:30-4 o'clock and my wife & I were so enamored at the Improvement that We didn't quit til about 10 o'clock. One other mod I had made the previous night was to try my Rollerball footers under my amp. I listened to it the previous night but only one album. Yes, I believe the RB feet improved the sound but was unsure. So I had 2 potential tweaks that were at work. So I'm not sure if I can say the all the improvement came from the belt alone. But it was a big improvement from the earlier night. 

I will listen again soon to verify the results...or dismiss them. Then I will remove the Rollerball footers to  see if there is a difference. One other caveat is that the Mylar belt was not new but used a couple years. Still,  I am quite surprised that so much improvement can come from a belt change. But I have been shocked by other simpler tweaks, so maybe its legit. I'll keep you posted
128x128artemus_5
@boxer12

I use 1/2 inch. But I believe width of your motor pully will limit what size you use. IE, Gabilier uses 3/8"

@dover

There are different types of Kapton film available, with antistatic properties and conformability properties to suit the application.

Thanks. Antistatic? Nice to hear. Where can I buy this? I could not find any sources other than Amazon. FWIW, Theirs is tape in which I had to use Goo Gone to remove the adhesive. That may have had a detrimental effect on the tape. But then too, this TT sounds extremely good now. I have never heard a belt make so much difference, if indeed it is the belt, and not the rollerballs. But I should have heard the difference the 1st night I used the rollerballs and I didn’t. This makes me believe that the large portion is due to the belt
An Update.

When I tried my TT again, it was obvious that I had a problem. I checked the belt and the adhesive had somehow returned. OK, back to the drawing board for NON adhesive Kapton. Apparently, Goo Gone, Soap & water and alcohol does not completely remove silicone adhesive. I will research a product that does. 

So I looked for the non adhesive tape/film and found it at Zoro. They have both the 1 mil & the .5 mil. Thom @ Gabilier says the thinner the better. So I will try the .5 mil. I will also research a product to remove silicone adhesive and try to save the belts I have now. 
I'll keep you updated