Opinion on audio note kit dac 5.1 or 4.1

Hi Guys

Happened to chance upon a audio note kits dac, and their dac 4.1 and 5.1 looks really interesting!
Have never heard them in person before, but their specifications look pretty good!
Have any of you heard them before, and what kind of sound characteristics do they impart? (in terms of sound stage, musicality/sweetness, smoothness, warmth/brightness etc)
What system do you play them in and how would you compare them with other dacs you have owned?

Thanks!
thegreenman
The Big 7 at its retail, I don't know.  I sold mine for only half of what I paid after two years, as digital depreciates fast.  Now, used, sure!

I am running the RK 300B's, and have PX4's, Psvane WE101D "replicas", and KR T-100's to try, as well.  My system needs the robust and warmer sonic tilt of the 300B's to be right.  I am running the D'Ag S250 amp and HD pre into some TAD CR-1's (the TAD's needing the "warming"!).  Kids all through college, house paid off, I have been indulging in my audio passion pretty strongly in the last few years...and enjoying it very, very much!
@jbrrp1 ouch! Tt really hurt! Sigh....thats the sad part about audio...despite it being good it depreciates so much!

Hahaha oic wow naise selection of tubes! Was wondering if i bought it....prob will get the RK 300b and maybe 242s as well from KR. 

Lovely system and what a great retirement hobby! I would do exactly the same as you to enjoy good music and good gear when i have retired! Haha sadly im only 30 😂😂😂 still gotta long way to go!
It is a great hobby all life long.  At 30 I had Vandersteen 2C's with some Counterpoint gear and a SOTA Deluxe Star with SME V tt as the only source.  It's been a joy the whole way to my early 60's.  I just kept plowing about $3k - $4k in my system per year (I have an understanding bride who let's me play with some bonus money).  

I have read that those standard Kron 242's are killer in the DAC's.  I would like to try a pair, but I fear they may be too detailed and neutral in my system.
@jbrrp1 hahhaa thats really a lifelong hobby for you! Yeah cool! Nice way to upgrade the system! Hahahaha and great wife you have :p 

Which component in your system do you feel plays the greatest part in determining the sound? 

Oic! If I ever do get to try a 242 let you know! Theres a RK version too...maybe they would sound better? :) or can use more copper cables in the system! Met a furutech dealer who told me can use thick and copper power cables with gold plated connectors to tone down brightness as well :)