Looking for a turntable around $1k...

I don’t and won’t have tons of $ to throw into an analog set up. I’m primarily digital and CD but I still have enough recordings that are vinyl only as well as others of sentimental value that I listen to regularly enough  that I can justify getting a decent turntable, at least at the price point I set. I know that some people have expensive opinions about turntables, but I can’t go there. 

My listening set up is a Schiit Mani phono preamp, a Decware Torii MkIV amplifier, and Omega 6.5” Alnico Junior XRS speakers if that all matters.

I’ve been using a Technics AT-LP120 for years and I have come to hate it. The tone arm is floppy and it has become pretty much impossible to lower the needle without it bouncing off the record. If someone down the block sneezes, the record skips. No matter where I place the table. Everything about it has gotten worse and I fear that the turntable is damaging my records at this point.

I’ve been considering the Rega Planar 3 but do I even need that?

Is there a sleeper turntable around $1k that I don’t know about?

Could I just get by with a Planar 1 or 2 given that vinyl is what I listen to 3rd most behind HD streaming and CD?

pip_helix
Post removed 
The VPI Cliffwood would be on my short list for 1K turntables.  I don't know if they're still being made but some dealers may still have new stock.  Comes with a competent tonearm and cartridge.