Infinity EMIT Speaker Repair

Hello All, 

I am inquiring about EMIT speaker repair. What have you done in your experience? Send them to a professional,  buy new/used or DIY?
128x128joeradio
Hi Joe,

For EMITs that measure as "open" sometimes there is a DIY fix. I've seen it discussed over on the AudioKarma.org - Infinity Loudspeakers forum. BTW, that forum is the best I've found regarding questions about vintage Infinity speakers. Post the question there, with some specifics about the issue, and you'll get a quick and comprehensive response.

I've posted there a few times regarding my Infinity Qb and Infinity RS1.5 speakers. Always got great responses.

Good Luck and enjoy your classic vintage Infinity speakers.
Magicmarksy on ebay for all things Infinity. He'll take phone calls if you find his phone number.  
Post removed 
Some RS-1b owners (of which I at one time was) buy spare sets of speakers fitted with the EMIT and EMIM drivers, to have as spares/replacements. Loose drivers occasionally pop up on ebay, but they're not cheap: A single EMIT and EMIM pairing sold recently for $850!
Which EMIT, K? There are a few kinds.. The real old ones you have to inspect the magnets, make sure they are not flaking and secure them with a GREAT glue, if they need it.. The DIY is pretty easy. I used a press and flat vice.. Worked perfect after a couple of adjustments. Clamping the vice.. It will move.. those magnets.. LOL can be powerful.. The vice moved on me.. I was moving pretty quick.. 

As long as there are diaphragms, you can always find magnets. Actually better magnets too..

I have a couple pairs that need fixing.. Infinitesimal V.5 needs one..

That's a great speaker Infinitesimal, the first two. Aluminum/Mag speakers..  I have two pairs.. 700-1500.00 a pair..

Magic Markey too, in Kentucky.. Lots of Infinity parts.. Gettin' older, He is a Doctor of some sort too.