Kind of Blue SACD on a whim.

I've been listening to jazz for only about a year. I can't say that I'm a jazz fan yet but I am growing more and more fond of Kind of Blue. Last night I was looking around on eBay and saw a Kind of Blue MoFi hybrid SACD. It was $30, new, and on an impulse I bought it.

I have never bought and do not own any SACDs. (I have an Oppo player). I also know nothing about MoFi other than an association with high production quality.

Anyway, I am interested in anyone's thoughts on this SACD from a quality standpoint. According to the dynamic range database virtually all releases of Kind of Blue are superb from a DR standpoint so that should not be an issue. I did read that on some CD releases prior to 1992 the timing was off which cause slight pitch issues. I am assuming this SACD would not suffer from that issue but have no way of knowing but probably don't have the ears or familiarity with the album to know.

n80
I’ll throw out these Miles albums as essential listening: the live album “Four & More” (which btw MoFi also issued an excellent-sounding version of); “E.S.P.”; and “Miles Smiles.” 
Miles Smiles can be initially hard to wrap one’s head around but with time, it’ll open up doors to other artists and styles. 
I'm not sure if any of the digital versions of KoB matches the superb Classic Records cut.

Or even get close.

Sorry.
I'm really fond of "Nefertiti."  Wayne Shorter was in the group by that time and his compositions are fascinating.  Recorded in mid-1967, less than a year after "Miles Smiles" (mentioned earlier in the thread).  The quintet is probably the greatest ever assembled: Miles, Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter and Tony Williams.  Yikes.  Check out the title track and "Pinocchio" to start.

It's very accessible for those who can't stand "Bitches Brew," but jazz was clearly advancing into somewhat more mind-bending stuff.  Let's say there were a 1-10 scale for the "straight ahead" jazz sound and we put KOB at 10.  BB would score 1 because it's cacophonous madness.  I would put "Nefertiti" at 7 or 8.

Always good to see folks getting into this stuff!
@cd318   **** I'm not sure if any of the digital versions of KoB matches the superb Classic Records cut.****

The CR is amazing.  We're lucky the art of recording had come so far in the 50's.
Late 90's - a friend was excited to bring a new "improved" CD release over.  We AB'ed the CR and the CD track by track.  In your words, not even close.  Of course, I had dropped over $4k on TT/arm to get that level of playback. 

Grooves carved by sounds so a "needle" can read and reproduce them.  A very old invention, but many think it still leads the pack in sound quality.