members and their systems

for the short time I have been on here, I see that members will start a thread asking about a certain piece of equipment or speakers..       they will then buy that piece of equipment / speakers, start a thread about it saying how good it is and then next thing you know, they are starting another thread asking about another piece of gear as they are looking for something different.           what happened to that piece of gear that was so great ?       
  i get the whole buying thing....but where are members getting the money to do all of this stuff ?       do they not have other bills such as rent / mortgage payment, car payment, other bills to pay for also ?
birdscantrow
Porsche 911 has grown, but is still way too tight for a comfortable drive for someone with knees.
True confessions.  I always coveted the original Speedster, but by the time I really thought about buying, Japanese collectors had driven the prices for the desirable examples to over $100k.  So I had a replica built, based on guts from a Beetle.  Even found original 50s gauges for the build (remember JC Whitney?)  Fun, but I eventually felt guilty about running around in a "fake" car.
Hey @glupson - have you ever been in a 911? I'm 6' and have more leg and head room than in my old 4Runner. Once you get in, it's very comfortable.

For someone in the back seat, that's another matter.....
one of my good pals, fellow track buddy is 6-4 and fits comfortably in a 991.1 and 991.2 GT3 RS with helmet... does some 15-20 track days per year on average -- both cars had standard factory cf lwb’s, stock installation (without aftermarket recliner brackets)...

6-3 or 6-4 drivers may need to recline the stock sofa sets (4 way or 18 way) in a 991 car with sunroof... but just a touch, depends on torso vs leg length...
sokogear,

"Hey @glupson - have you ever been in a 911? I'm 6' and have more leg and head room than in my old 4Runner. Once you get in, it's very comfortable."

Yes, I have. I think every generation in the last 15-20 years although I cannot say which exact models. Only the most recent ones are somewhat manageable. Not comfortable, but at least a person can fit in there. Left knee is still in the way more often than not, toebox is kind of busy, and the metal part above the left window/roof comes very close unless sitting straight in the seat. All of that with the seat in the lowest possible position. I am not sure how one would fit the helmet there without the feeling that the roof is constantly pressing her/him down. I wish I remembered if that one I tried had any kind of sunroof, but I think it did not. Sunroof would explain such a discrepancy in headroom.

Otherwise, nice car to look at. I really like it. For some reason, it grew over the generations, but lost space for a spare tire.