members and their systems

for the short time I have been on here, I see that members will start a thread asking about a certain piece of equipment or speakers..       they will then buy that piece of equipment / speakers, start a thread about it saying how good it is and then next thing you know, they are starting another thread asking about another piece of gear as they are looking for something different.           what happened to that piece of gear that was so great ?       
  i get the whole buying thing....but where are members getting the money to do all of this stuff ?       do they not have other bills such as rent / mortgage payment, car payment, other bills to pay for also ?
birdscantrow
I have a German friend who lives in Hamburg; he and his family own a successful machine business.  You would never know it by interacting with him.  Very laid back and non-ostentatious.

After a few years the subject of cars came up.  He always has the fanciest AMG sedan and reminded me that those cars are bred for the Autobahn  He drives extremely fast when knucklehead drivers aren't in the wrong lane.  I know sedans and Porsches are quite different, but I'm sure there are several German cars that feel like child's play at 190.
Even as great as the 911 is, there have over the years been a few times Porsche really hit a home run. Not necessarily the fastest, but the best combination of speed, handling and comfort that combine for indescribably fun factor. The first was the 911SC. Then the 964RSA. The last one was the 997.2.  

The 997 GTS came with magnetorheological fluid filled motor mounts. These motor mounts change from squishy commuter comfort to rock hard race in milliseconds. Computer controlled. When I say rock hard race, when I nailed it at 5k in 2nd the car did not merely accelerate, it felt as if we had been rear-ended! I have been in a Cup Car. Those the engine is hard mounted. You feel every ingition every cylinder. The 997 you feel comfort- until you nail it and it becomes a Cup Car. 

This people is just the motor mounts. All this technology, and we are just talking about the freaking motor mounts. In a 911 from two generations ago.

sokogear, your GTS is a home run. Drove it, know it.  Check it out, according to this carbon fiber wheels with center locking hubs will be an option on the 992.2! https://youtu.be/y4k05gh58WE?t=517 

My wheels are not carbon fiber. I think either a GT3 RS or GT2 has a Weissach package for $30K that had magnesium special light wheels. I didn't even know about the motor mounts. I've only pushed my car once, on an empty highway. It seemed to have unlimited power/acceleration, even in 6th.

The wheels in that video are sick. I only wonder what it would cost to replace one if you blow it out. ($5K or more).

Based on your comments, I guess this is my last car (that only I drive with rare exception). In only put on 5K a year. I'm surprised you didn't mention any GT3s or GT2s. I guess you are talking about cars you can fairly easily find without breaking the bank.

I still have to deal with my wife changing cars every 4 or so years. I drive them in the rain, snow, etc. Considering a Macan for her or may just lease another A4. Have another year+ to worry about it. I just hope the supply chain improves so the market isn't as crazy as it is now. Otherwise I'll have to buy the A4 off of the lease, and they are not long term keepers with their reliability issues.
@sokogear...I used to own a Macan.  I liked it so much it's why I ended up by buying the 911.

@millercarbon you may be right. I’m not a Porsche guy. Over the cars I’ve owned I’d rank my M3 and Aston Martin Vantage as cars that I enjoyed more.  They weren't better 'cars' and in many ways the 911 was a superior car - it just didn’t connect with me emotionally.

Just like music and audio systems we each have our tastes. I tried the Porsche thing and in the end I realized I would rather have my money enable other things.
Given MC's description of motor mount engineering, the OP might want to change the thread title to "systems and their members."