Sub-$1250 DAC w/ built-in Headphone Amp

I currently have an entry level headphone listening stack, that I'd like to upgrade for both headphone listening, but to also include in a HiFi system stack when expanding my horizon to speakers. 

Currently have:
DAC = 'Ol DAC' from JDS Labs
Amp = Atom from JDS Labs

I am a bit overloaded with the options at this price point, but I know am looking for a smoother/richer sound from DAC as opposed to an analytical/etched sound. The following DACs come to mind - would any of you recommend one over the other? Source is primarily USB w/ Tidal MQA paired w/ HD58X Jubilee's.

- Mytek Liberty DAC II
- RME ADI-2 DAC FS
- DA-Art Aquilla II DAC
- SMSL M500 DAC
- Schiit Bifrost 2 (w/ separate headphone amp? or other multi-bit DAC?)
- Other?

Further - should I expect a substantial sound quality boost from my current set up?
uwrwilke
rme for sure - get the one with latest chip

leave yourself a week to read the manual :)

i haven't heard your current dac but the rme via headphones is very very good sounding
Schiit Gungnir I own one and have compared the whole range while searching for a friend. We chose the Yggi for him. The Gungnir multibit gets you most of the Yggi for half price. The thing with Schiit products are they are generally really excellent value for the money. You have to pay a lot for smooth and natural amd detailed. I would not be surprised if this is the only DAC for this small amount of money that will get you there. I also have an Ayer $5K, and an Audio Reasearch $17K, before that a Sim $18K. The Gungnir.

oops, I read your description and forget your title...I thought you just wanted a DAC... until I saw Mr. Self Righteous’ comment below.

I still recommend Schiit. If your pretty sure you are one and done or have space requirements. Then a combined box is a great choice. But there are a lot of benefits to separates. You can change the character of amplification by swapping just the amp... tube / solid state. If you decide to keep upgrading you can do one at a time and learn. Anyway, Schiit are reslly good prices products. cost is a guide to sound quality there. Might also look at the Woo WA7... Woo makes wonderful detailed yet warm amps.

A major question you do have to keep in mind is the headphones impedance, the higher the impedance in ohms the more power (current) the amp needs. Another reason it can be good to have an option to swap out the amp... if your tastes changes, you buy headphones requiring more power.

op is looking for a dac with built in headphone amp... we should assume he is not mistaken or kidding
ghdprentice: On that Gungnir Multibit note; maybe Jotenheim w/ Multibit DAC?

jjss49: no joke - is this an unusual request?