Compression Titanium Worlds finest tweet ever engineered

Refute this opinion
mozartfan
I've heard many fine examples of compression tweeters and midrange drivers, some of which employ titanium diaphragms (my speaker came with a modern titanium diaphragm compression midrange driver with alnico magnets, but, I switched that driver out for a much older compression driver that has a bakelite diaphragm.  This midrange driver, a Western Electric 713b, is one of my favorite compression drivers.  I also like the Western Electric 555 and the G.I.P. Laboratories' clone of the 555, but these add the complication of requiring a power supply for the fieldcoil magnets. 

Perhaps the best sounding compression tweeter I've heard is the G.I.P. 9501; it utilizes, I believe, an aluminum diaphragm, and costs a staggering $60,000 for a pair of tweeters (not including a power supply for the fieldcoil magnets).  
Horn guys go whacko. the stuff they do.. I played for 25 years. The number of combinations I tried was NUTS.. It never stops. I finally settled on small planars/ribbons. Because of the prices, quality and speed of planars/ribbons, it was an easy move.

Left the whole "hunt for the sound" behind.. Horns!!!

Regards
I like most planar magnetic speakers too.  Many, such as Magnepans, are quite reasonably priced for the sound they deliver.  Other types of speakers have examples that I like too.  But, all speakers have limitations so it is a matter of different listeners having different priorities.  For delivering a full, lively sound at low volume levels, nothing beats a really good horn system or a high efficiency system utilizing a full-range driver (either used as a single, full-range driver or as a wide range driver in a multiway system).  Planar magnetics tend to need a bit more volume level to come alive.  Both horn-based systems and planar magnetics tend to not deliver quite as much punch in deep bass as more conventional speakers, but, I like their tonal quality and clean sound (most horn systems use conventional bass drivers so they could be made to have deep punch bass, but, to match the speed and clarity of the compression midrange, most use very light weight cones with limited excursion and this reduces deep bass capability).

What I particularly like about horn-based systems, and other high efficiency speakers, is the ability to use low-powered amplification.  I find that low-powered tube amps to sound substantially better than their higher powered brethren.  Most solid state amps sound a little flat, lifeless and unengaging to me, particularly at lower volume levels.  The solid state amps I've liked the most were also low-powered amps from First Watt.
It is worth noting the difference/separation of the driver from the horn

titanium as a material for drivers

titanium material specifically for tweeters.

horn loading ANY tweeter

horn loading a Titanium tweeter.

Off you go