Turntable lid up or off?

My Pro-Ject Classic turntable came with a dust cover.  I usually spin vinyl with the cover completely removed and never closed.  Does it matter if the cover is just up or fully removed?  The ultimate test is just listening, but I cannot detect a difference between either mode (up or completely off).
128x128socalml528
@millercarbon, I just use a soft micro fiber cloth for cleaning.  My "habit" is to take the cover off and set it upside on a table on the other side of the room (sometimes I just set it on the carpet).  If I'm not using it for more than a day or so, I put the cover back on.  I'm good with a gummy or two.

@all, thanks for insights & opinions.
I must admit to being interested in the answer. I never put the dust cover on my TT... currently a Linn LP12. I always thought they would vibrate and that would not be good. So I did a search and quick survey of the literature, virtually every discussion is like this one with 80% spitballing... “this makes sense, or “do your own thing”. Most manufacturers don’t say anything a few do. I would like to hear something from The Absolute Sound or Stereophile. i didn’t find anything right off the bat. I’ll have another look sometime. I have spent thousands of hours comparing cables and components, things that make big differences. Apparently this isn’t’ one of them. At this stage of my life, I think would prefer to enjoy the music versus doing a critical comparison (I was a scientist, so it would take time and effort). I’m going to keep mine off. My records are pristine, and if I see a bit of dust I use Last All Purpose Cleaner and it’s gone.
The ultimate test is just listening, but I cannot detect a difference between either mode (up or completely off).
There you go.

G