Jazz for aficionados

Jazz for aficionados

I'm going to review records in my collection, and you'll be able to decide if they're worthy of your collection. These records are what I consider "must haves" for any jazz aficionado, and would be found in their collections. I wont review any record that's not on CD, nor will I review any record if the CD is markedly inferior. Fortunately, I only found 1 case where the CD was markedly inferior to the record.

Our first album is "Moanin" by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers. We have Lee Morgan , trumpet; Benney Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums.

The title tune "Moanin" is by Bobby Timmons, it conveys the emotion of the title like no other tune I've ever heard, even better than any words could ever convey. This music pictures a person whose down to his last nickel, and all he can do is "moan".

"Along Came Betty" is a tune by Benny Golson, it reminds me of a Betty I once knew. She was gorgeous with a jazzy personality, and she moved smooth and easy, just like this tune. Somebody find me a time machine! Maybe you knew a Betty.

While the rest of the music is just fine, those are my favorite tunes. Why don't you share your, "must have" jazz albums with us.

Enjoy the music.
orpheus10
Tires and Audiophiles:

My local Ford dealer treats all his customers as if they are audiophiles.  He charges about 300 dollars extra for filling the tires of his NEW cars with pure Nitrogen.  Me, being sort of slow asked, Why?  They said the nitrogen molecules  were larger, and therefore could not 'seep' out thru the tire over time.

I wanted to ask, what if I have a flat, do you refill it with Nitrogen?
I wanted to ask, how do you drain all the air out of your new inventory?
I wanted to ask, isn't the air 70% Nitrogen?

Instead, struggling to keep a straight face,  I asked, do you want to sell this car, or not.  They did, so I got the Nitrogen 'Free'.  :) Car dealers and their sales people always assume their customers are audiophiles.

Cheers
My local Ford dealer treats all his customers as if they are audiophiles. He charges about 300 dollars extra for filling the tires of his NEW cars with pure Nitrogen.
It cost me thirty bucks in Canada to fill my Toyota with nitrogen.... 😁😊

Ok i apologize for my astonishing surprize and post, i will go back to "impressions of a patch of blue" a great Dickerson album indeed...
Don't laugh. Not everyone knows the atmosphere is 78% nitrogen. Just like hardly anyone knows the number one greenhouse gas is water vapor. Or that CO2 is a trace element measured in ppm. And even then, less today than at any time in the entire geologic history of the planet. Which includes the Cambrian, when it was 40 times greater, and that era is called the Cambrian Explosion, the greatest period of new species creation ever. Yet look around how many are so ignorant of reality they think we should be afraid of it. 

No, I would not be too quick to laugh at the car dealer. He just looks around, sees how gullible and scientifically illiterate the average person is, and does what comes naturally.