system/room equalized flat from 20 to 20k cps--is yours?

Spending alone will not get you what you are striving for. Systems with flat performance are non existant. It will take PROFESSIONAL extras, electronics, room measurements and sound treatments to get you there. What have you done besides reading reviews and buying what is purported  to be the best to get the holly grail of sound? 
  Ken Fritz

Ag insider logo xs@2xkftooll
thanks for your replies. My ALS makes typing VERY slow and difficult. My daughter will be here Tuesday and I look forward to answering all of you then. 

I have related facts that will continue  to pique your interest and prompt further discussion.

happy listening, Ken
What have you done besides reading reviews and buying what is purported  to be the best to get the holly grail of sound?

Nothing. But at least now I know where the scratches came from.

Systems equalized flat to 20k will be irritating but flat to 20hz will be exhilarating and response below 20hz will be addictive. My digital rig is flat to 20hz and down 6db at 15hz with a combination of brute servo force of 6 8" woofers and a REL Gibralter G2. The room is generously treated with the new ASC Isotherm tube traps and wall treatments. 

Plumbing the bass depths has some tremendous rewards but also some drawbacks. The rewards include a massive soundstage and musical attack but it also exposes recording/mastering issues that go unnoticed on most other systems. Rush "Moving Pictures" is a great example. Limelight sounds great on a system that is flat to around 40hz but it is not so good with one that has response to 20hz as the bass drum and toms are extremely exaggerated and take away the gestalt of the music.

However, there are other discs that expose just what extended response can benefit the musical event and in these cases, it is all worth it!