Infinity RS IIb L. F. Equalizer

Hello All, I am in the middle of setting up a pair of Infinity RS IIb speakers and I am asking if other owners use the L. F. Equalizer that comes with them? I fired them up without the equalizer yesterday evening and I am amazed! The equalizer  is missing the power cord so I was a bit inpatient to hear them. This is a basic stereo system. B & K EX-442 Sonata Series amplifier, SAE P102 preamp and a Pioneer Elite DV47Ai DVD player. 
128x128joeradio
I own a pair. I still have the bass contour here somewhere. I quit using that pile of crap 20 years ago. A Mac C20 has a bass contour built in that is much better. The issue was the bass bloat.

I went to a servo system, then to a full blown dsp on the bass, with a LOT better drivers.. Night and day.. flat as an arrow from 20-300hz. I actually used the BASS section for a while as SUBS they were so good after the mod.. Sadly they have been setting for 2 years, under silks..

I'll tell you something else, the monitor section loves Valves, I used a MC240 for the best results, a MC275 was a little too much. 20-50 watts for JUST the monitor section...PERFECT...

The rear fire tweeter, I change it out too. It will blow.. I use a single soft dome pointing to the center (30 degrees or so). It's a modified stand mount that sets on the rear ledge.  I placed it and I used a dab of silicone to hold it in place.. That SD tweeter is adjusted to the room width. of 16 feet

The 4 fuses, change them.. You'll be surprised at the SQ change from a drooping old fuse.. Put a little Contact enhancer on the NEW fuse tips.. don't be sloppy either..

Go over the unit.. ALL the bass driver screws are normally lose.. Retorque carefully.. I installed nuts and went to alen head. Never needed torqueing again.. Check though.. ALL the screws come loose including the monitor section..

Magic Marky (sp) has parts..

My that was a long one.. Have fun..

Regards
Consider yourself lucky! :)

In any event if you want to EQ there are probably better choices for you today, so if you can avoid inserting a very old piece of electronics into your chain you are going to be happier.
"...so if you can avoid inserting a very old piece of electronics into your chain you are going to be happier..."

Truth be told, pretty much all of Infinity's electronic boxes were crap. I'm sitting on two non-working RS1B crossover boxes.   
Ok thanks for all of your responses. I guess I will keep the EQ for posterity sake.