Recommendations for a modestly-priced audio system?

Gents,
My friend asked me to put together an audio system for her to replace her very old system.    She wants an integrated amp that will take an input from her TT.  God knows the condition of her cartridge and stylus!  There are boatloads of integrated amps with BT-streaming capabilities, which, when she comes to her senses, with get a Spotify/Tidal subscription and forget about her 40-year old collection of ragged vinyl.  Maybe not.  The amp needs to be BT-compatible... no extra components.  

Hopefully, the system will be simple:  an integrated amp and a pair of passive speakers.  The budget is about $1K but I could twist her arm a bit to get to $1.5K.  Recommendations for either the integrated amp and speakers would be very much appreciated, relying on the wealth of knowledge that you fellas have.  I will say that she has a pretty large LV room, sort of an "open room" arrangement, and will need speakers to sufficiently pressurize her large room.

Thanks for any and all input.      
whitestix
This is my area.  I help loads of “cheap” people all the time.  She needs a pair of Klipsch Premiere RP-160M speakers and a Yamaha A-S801 integrated amp in silver.  People can get a lot of satisfaction out of that combo.  It’s perfect.  Unfortunately, many products are still impossible to get right now, but things are slowly improving.  Those speakers are on sale right now and you could add a pair of nice cables and still be under $1,500.  Good luck!
HifiHandyman
I've for quite a while happily had a little 25wpc Napa Acoustics integrated in my office system (driving Fostex based Brine 2000s).  For laughs, I've plugged it into my main system, where a Pass Int-60 normally resides, and the Napa definitely punches above its weight.

I paid a few hundred bucks used; it does not have BT but Napa's newer Cask (500$ new) does.
For speakers, maybe the 2 of you would have fun building a simple 2-way or single driver kit, from someplace like Madisound.  Their entry level 2 way and MTM sound good and are good value.
For a completely different direction, if she's willing to pass on the vinyl: I've recommended Audio Engine A5s (I have the A2s at work), to several non hobbyist friends, and they've been very pleased.  There's now an HD6, for less than 600 bucks refurbished.  Way under budget, all she needs is computer source, and sounds pretty good,  if her room is not too large.

+1 Sprout and Elac ... everthing covered! 

Let us know what ya come up with!
Here you go:
Marantz pm7000n, all-in-one amp/digital streamer (tidal/spotify/etc natively supported)/phono input/alexa control/even roon, .....

and

Triangle Borea BR03 speakers.

MSRP for the pair under $1500, but you can find for less. I own both (BR02 for speakers, I needed a little smaller size) and they are great performers for the price.