Sellers: When do you drop your price?

Selling my first piece of gear.  I've had a lot of views but no offers. It's been about 5 days. Great condition, 2 years old, offering about about 1/3rd off. No original box.

Perhaps all gear is particular, so if that's so, we can end this thread right here. But in case there's a general bit of advice, How long do you let an ad marinate before adjusting the price?
128x128hilde45
If there are any glowing reviews of your item, include a link. USAudiomart
is free. Not so here. Shark picks up pretty much everything so most
buyers look there first.
Maybe your question really is: "How do you price an item"?
" Just for your information so that you know all used equipment is 50% off that's a given"
that is true 20% of the time 100% of the time
I agree with millercarbon's 2nd paragraph. Ask a price that is fair and reasonable after doing some research and hold to it because if there are knowledgable buyers out there, they will know that and won't haggle just to shave a few bucks of one's price.   That is not to say that they can't or wouldn't make a counter-offer which you are free to accept or reject if you think it's close enough (or not).  But just dropping the price on your own is negotiating against yourself and shows lack of confidence and buyers will pick that up.
I agree with millercarbon's 2nd paragraph. Ask a price that is fair and reasonable after doing some research and hold to it because if there are knowledgable buyers out there, they will know that and won't haggle just to shave a few bucks of one's price.   That is not to say that they can't or wouldn't make a counter-offer which you are free to accept or reject if you think it's close enough (or not). But just dropping the price on your own is negotiating against yourself and shows lack of confidence and buyers will pick that up.
Your item might take longer to sell simply because it is a less familiar brand. Conversely, I was wondering what brands sell more readily or command higher resale prices. A lot of good advice you're getting here. Educational thread for those of us who've never sold a piece of audio equipment .

Mike