If you have a rebuilt Garrard or Lenco you need this!

I have been thrilled with my Woodsong Garrard 301. Robin at Robyatt Audio suggested that I get a LDA Power Supply.
These change from 60hz to 50hz and, most significantly, up 110v to 220v. The motors on the Garrards and Lencos were designed to run on 220v. When fed the right power. it is transformative. 
They said it would be shocking. I agree! Now that the motor has 220v and 50hz, the music has a hold on it that is revelatory. It is most shocking in piano. What was before ok and kind of old sounding now sounds more like a piano that I have heard from my system. And the bass is amazing. Strong, clear and tight. 
You have to make a couple of simple changes but not very difficult. These are about $1K but so well worth it!

mglik
Wouldn't be great if you could buy it on Amazon Prime and send it back for no-quibble refund if it didn't work out?
Well, it may not be as convenient, but you can buy from Robin and send it back to him if it did not work out.
Very unlikely... but he is very cool.
RobyattAudio.com
This info will have to be searched out and conformed as I believe it is to be found on a UK Forum.
Owners of the LDA Quartz Power Supply had redirected the use,
and attached them as a Power Supply for a CD Player.
I am recollecting reports,  that the user had experienced improvements on the SQ of the CD presentation.
I do not recall any descriptions of the impressions made.

If a person is running a Idler/ Non Synchronous Motor Belt Drive Vinyl Source, as well as a CDP Source.
If they chose to use the LDA as a Power Supply Upgrade, it could prove to be Win Win, if experimented with to Drive both sources.   
Question: do you still use the speed adjustment on the Garrard 401 to dial in the speed?
I bought an LDA PS from Robin for my Thorens TD124. I am quite happy with it. I found the instruction manual a bit confusing though. I did not change pulleys or motor strapping. I know my speed is spot on because I use a Phoenix Engineering Roadrunner.