Schiit Urd CD Transport vs Marantz CD6007 Player

What makes Schiit transport better than Marantz?
soundcheck6
Was that you, or the Schiit promotions agency? If it‘s you I think you‘ve just found a well paid job
@audioguy
I too have a HD CD-1, extremely well built and handsome. Even more-so is the white version which is/was only available in Asia

I bought it after my Musical Concepts moded Pioneer PD 65 Stable platter player (used as a transport) finally died about 2 years ago. The HD CD-1 way outperformed my stock Oppo 105 (which I used for hi-rez digital), but then was doing double duty until I came across simply DIY drop in Linear Power Modules (ebay), plus replaced the OEM IEC with a Furutech Rhoduim with sold silver wire to connect to the power supply board and a 110/220 silver jumper to replace the switch. I still have the HD CD-1 as a backup

Why does a cd transport cost more than a cd player?

They shouldn’t, I’m using on my second system a used (av cost $400) Teac VRDS-7 player, "used as a transport". It took 1min to disconnect all the dac stages from it. Which basically left it as a VRDS-T1 (av cost ($800), but with far better over size and regulated power supply.
So the VRDS-7 as a modded transport, is now a "better" and cheaper than the more expensive to buy used VRDS-T1.

Cheers George