"Mytek Empire monoblock power amps, with GaN based technology."

trinitrond was going to start this up but he’s mia. It deserves it’s own thread.

Here something from HiFi Blog on the new GaN technology Mytek Empire monoblocks, it’s got some get up and go into 8ohm and 4ohm.
Would have been good to see the 2ohm figure though, to see if it starts "wheezing" into it, or if it goes up substantially again from the 1000w 4ohm figure.

Mytek EMPIRE monoblock delivers no less than 1,000 watts of power to speaker systems with an impedance of 4 ohms. If the speaker systems have an impedance of 8 ohms, there is still a whopping 500 watts available.

04-07-2021 jwcondo 6:30am
Greetings from Medicine Hat Alberta Canada,
It does indeed use the 1.5 mhZ switching frequency. I am a dealer and I should be receiving the first one in Canada next week as they have landed on our shores.
Excited to experiment with all this new technology.
Happy Listening....John

soundlovers.ca
WOW!! That’s the only confirmed one with "1.5mhz switching frequency" beside the mighty $20k+ Technics SE-R1 and they "say" also the SU-R1000 integrated has

Can you reveal where you got this info? as I looked everywhere.
Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
George,
I believe he is talking about the new Technics amp......in one of those promo presentations....the guy said it was 1.5 meg.

No, I don’t think so.
If you go to that thread I say they (Mytek) mentions "higher switching", and I queery "But don’t give any details of the switching speed" then jwcondo says
"It does indeed use the 1.5 mhZ switching frequency. I am a dealer and I should be receiving the first one in Canada next week as they have landed on our shores.
Excited to experiment with all this new technology.
Happy Listening....John"
soundlovers.ca
Only he will be able to say positive and give us a link to it.

His comment was directly below yours but I believe he is talking about the Technics.....It is a Technics thread and he is a Technics dealer. His website does not list Mytek as one of his product lines.
I believe he is talking about the Technics.....It is a Technics thread  

Yes I can see now you "could" be right, but I was discussing the new Mytek Empire  before his post, and then he posted.

If it is confirmed the that it is the Technics SU-R1000 that is 1.5mhz switching frequency that's great also. I believe that it could be destined for great things and is going to be something to rival the Gryphon and Luxman integrateds maybe, at half the price, and with all the goodies it has.