Quality of construction on some speakers- namely Harbeth

I have been doing, the what I am sure is impossible, looking for a great consencus speaker to try.  Because of my tinnitus and some suggestions- I am looking at cloth or other soft tweeters that emphasis mid range.  Harbeth and quite a few other BBC sound speakers are highly thought of and seem to fit my needs.  While looking at used speakers out there, I couldn't help but notice that besides being a lot of ham handed owners, a lot of these box speakers are coming apart at the the corners and their veneers are cracking.  My question is, English moist country made and then living in drier climates doom these to seperating or is it just knocking them over causing it?
mocktender
While looking at used speakers out there, I couldn't help but notice that besides being a lot of ham handed owners, a lot of these box speakers are coming apart at the the corners and their veneers are cracking.  My question is, English moist country made and then living in drier climates doom these to seperating or is it just knocking them over causing it?

The cracking or peeling of veneers at the corners is likely due to rough handling of the speakers by owners. My Harbeth SHL5 speakers are good as new after 7 years of ownership. No issues with my current SHL5 Plus. 

The build quality with Harbeth speakers is very high. The wood veneer is solid and beautiful. Lower build quality would be from the likes of ATC or Proac to name a few. Other high end speakers usually have glossy finish as standard or optional.
I have bought and sold many Harbeths. You are correct about the damage. The grill and corner damage is caused from trying to remove the grill incorrectly. Harbeth should mention in the owners manual that a magnet puller is needed for grill removal. The build quality is outstanding on Harbeths. BTW, when I sell Harbeths I supply a magnet puller for proper grill removal!
Here is a link to a video of Spendor cabinets being crafted. The cabinets or Harbeths and some others are made in the same factory.

https://youtu.be/3DrOmtu3L8M

It is related to speaker care and maintenance not a quality of construction issue.
I've been around Harbeth's quite a bit and never noticed construction problems. The 30.2s are midrange oriented but still have nice bass and good upper-end extension without being fatiguing. Play them with a tube integrated and you'll be very happy.