"Mytek Empire monoblock power amps, with GaN based technology."

trinitrond was going to start this up but he’s mia. It deserves it’s own thread.

Here something from HiFi Blog on the new GaN technology Mytek Empire monoblocks, it’s got some get up and go into 8ohm and 4ohm.
Would have been good to see the 2ohm figure though, to see if it starts "wheezing" into it, or if it goes up substantially again from the 1000w 4ohm figure.

Mytek EMPIRE monoblock delivers no less than 1,000 watts of power to speaker systems with an impedance of 4 ohms. If the speaker systems have an impedance of 8 ohms, there is still a whopping 500 watts available.

04-07-2021 jwcondo 6:30am
Greetings from Medicine Hat Alberta Canada,
It does indeed use the 1.5 mhZ switching frequency. I am a dealer and I should be receiving the first one in Canada next week as they have landed on our shores.
Excited to experiment with all this new technology.
Happy Listening....John

soundlovers.ca
WOW!! That’s the only confirmed one with "1.5mhz switching frequency" beside the mighty $20k+ Technics SE-R1 and they "say" also the SU-R1000 integrated has

Can you reveal where you got this info? as I looked everywhere.
Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
The input impedance on my modded IceEdge amp that I was playing with was 47K after the first mod. I then raised that resistor to 148K and it sounded noticeably better. This was driven by a 50 ohm source that is biased with 10 ma of current on its discrete output stage (using a low capacitance 2 foot balanced cable). So, if a 50 ohm source sounds better with 148K.....why would you want less? There was no difference of noise idling or otherwise with the 148K.......dead silent.
You have to do listening tests to know anything. This is not theory......this is reality......your ears know what is real.

Nuprime is using 1meg input impedance in their latest 2 top of the line class D amps.   They say it sounds better.
Ask to have Tammy contact you
That’s what was done, too late now this thread now stays.

You’ll only get noise with high (100k) input impedance amps, if there’s nothing plugged into that input, which no-one would do anyway.
Think I remember all Rouge M120 and M150 monoblocks when I had them here for reco all had 1meg ohm input impedance, anything could drive them.

Cheers George

04-07-2021 jwcondo 6:30am
Greetings from Medicine Hat Alberta Canada,
It does indeed use the 1.5 mhZ switching frequency. I am a dealer and I should be receiving the first one in Canada next week as they have landed on our shores.
Happy Listening....John
soundlovers.ca
@jwcondo  jwcondo

Can you tell us where you got this 1.5mhz switching frequency info from?

Cheers George

George,
I believe he is talking about the new Technics amp......in one of those promo presentations....the guy said it was 1.5 meg.

No, I don’t think so.
If you go to that thread I say they (Mytek) mentions "higher switching", and I queery "But don’t give any details of the switching speed" then jwcondo says
"It does indeed use the 1.5 mhZ switching frequency. I am a dealer and I should be receiving the first one in Canada next week as they have landed on our shores.
Happy Listening....John"
soundlovers.ca
Only he will be able to say positive and give us a link to it.