Radio Paradise to Stream MQA to Blue OS

128x128jbuhl
I've been a fan of Radio Paradise for many years. I don't want to ruffle any feathers here but being firmly in the anti-MQA camp I found this disappointing. I spoke with Bill last week (via email) about this and he was gracious, as usual. He explained they will continue streaming flac for non-Bluesound users and us anti-MQA'ers. He likes MQA better than flac and believes it to be a nice option for his listeners, one which may bring new listeners to the service. Of course I wish him well but I will no longer support them financially. In fact, I won't support any service or manufacturer who is in bed with this company. 
Ain’t ruffling my feathers. I am perfectly satisfied with FLAC format and the resolutions they provide and have no plans to jump on the MQA wagon. although I would like a SACD player :). I am a huge fan of RP as well and will continue supporting them. I asked Bill on RP forum about the future of Non MQA formats and he led me to believe they will someday deliver FLAC 24/96.
Interesting. I think it sounds great without MQA. I'm all for anything that makes them successful, it's a great service and I listen often. 

I found it ironic that "serious music listeners" and BluOS were mentioned in the same announcement.
i think a careful listener would conclude RP has been subtly processing the stream for years and in doing so providing good sound....i will continue to support them w my time and $, i like the music they play......