Run length

Room layout dictates the sub is on the opposite wall. Not ready to run a wire across the floor. It would be 26 feet.

To skip the floor run I would have to go up and down inside the wall. That would add another 18 feet for a total of 44 feet.  Too long?  Will be using plain old 14AWG cord.
128x128ibmjunkman
It will not hurt anything if it is powered but if it is a passive sub you will need much heavier wire for a 44 foot run.
Is this an RCA (signal wire) or are you taking the speaker output to the sub ?

If a signal wire, make sure your wire is very well shielded.  If a speaker output, you are ok.

In any case, you can also consider wireless:

https://www.martinlogan.com/en/product/swt1
Correction, I just realized that the Martin Logan transceiver is specific only to their own Dynamo subwoofers.

But you get the idea. There are quite a few very good quality devices out there for wireless transmission with negligible latency.

Had to configure my system the same way due to room aesthetics, with equipment near one wall and speakers near the opposite wall.  Ran speaker wires internally up one wall through the attic down the other wall.  Must be around 10 meters because that is the length REL gives you for their powered sub woofer hookup.  Used 10 or 12 gage for the B&W 805's.  Ideal?  No.  Sounds great?  Yes.  Should work out.  
Dish the wire. There is nothing to turn on. The receiver is activated by the audio signal. I have used them for the last six years and never have to touch them. Mine are not SVS but I believe they all work on the same principle. You might need to move the subs around to find the best location and the wireless system will be invaluable in that respect. Good luck.