Zu Soul Supreme with Leben CS300xs (or Harbeth XX.X?)

I am a newbie and this is my first post so apologies if this has been discussed out there on the interweb. I have been building my system over the last few years and have finally found myself a proud owner of a Leben CS300xs. I really love it playing through my Fritz Carrera's, however I do feel like there is something missing at higher levels. I can't describe it, because they certainly can play LOUD, and full, but from reading around here it may be dynamic compression that I'm hearing - things get just a tad muddy and vague. At lower levels, it is a truly a beautiful combination, so warm, yet not syrupy, and very rich. But I do feel like something is missing, which has led me to research more efficient speakers.

So my question: I was wondering if anyone has heard the CS300 with Zu Soul Supremes? I used to have a pair of Soul MkIIs with a Marantz 2015 vintage amp and the sound was really sweet, but veiled, and a bit bloated in the bottom end. I did love the way the Zu's really sucked you in, a strong magnetic energy. Sometimes I wanted a mellower relaxed presentation, and the Zu's had a hard time with that even at lower levels, but they were so fun. I wonder what a step up the Zu chain would be like. I had to sell the Souls when I moved to California, and just recently bought the Fritz Carreras. Nothing against them, they are a beautiful sounding loudspeaker, and Fritz was an amazing guy to chat with and very generous with his knowledge and helping me understand certain audiophile language. But I can't stop thinking that more efficient speakers may really bring my little Leben to life. I've read about the Devore's and I feel they would be somewhere between the Zu's and Fritz's but alas they are probably out of my price range.

Another question - I've read that the Harbeth / Leben combo is really great. But assuming most people are talking about the Leben CS600 because the Harbeths are not that efficient... Just wondering if anyone has heard a CS300 with a pair of Harbeths 30.2's or around there? Opinions?

If anyone has a pair of Soul Supremes in the San Francisco Bay Area and would let me play my Leben through them for a few minutes I'd be so grateful. I will bring gifts!

My source is a PS Audio Directstream Jr. 
I listen to all kinds of music, from Jazz to Hip Hop to Singer Songwriter to Acapella

Thanks y'all!
128x128avgonzalez77
Avgonzalez77 I sold the 300x because my goal was to keep my Nines for a while and try some subs to add weight and maybe keep them for a few years before going to the O/93. The 300 was my intro to Leben and I ended up with 600 for a couple of years. In the end if I ever go high efficiency again I’d consider another 300. I have a friend with the 93/ 300 pairing and he was enjoying it when we last spoke. I appreciated many things about the 93’s but over time I found them not for me. I sold them to a guy that sold his first set and missed them! Everyone is different there are only tastes and opinions.
thanks for the insights Bjesien! I think the 300 may move up to the 600 eventually. I love the idea of trying out the EL34s. I'll be on the look out for a pair of o/93's, they are pricey though, so it may all be wishful thinking. For now the Carrera's are pretty dang nice. Upgrading is addictive, and at some point you just have to realize what you're listening to is better than anything you've heard before and allow yourself to be happy!
avgonzalez that's a wise statement. A friend told me once that what I'm looking for in a system might not exist- there are always tradeoffs.  The 600 has more power but if you don't need the power, I actually prefer the tighter, faster sound of the EL84's in the 300 (to each his own). There is a great comparison of these 2 amps written somewhere and some guys have both because they each excel at expressing a different part of instruments. It's not about the power with the Leben. Good luck in your search!
So I have the Carreras...
Pass x-150.8..REL G-2
XP-20 pre..
Lots of other stuff...
you can crank up the Fritz Carreras....100db..
It’s not the speaker..

Reruam
Thanks Reruam. Yeah, from what I am gathering here, its most likely just a slight mismatch for higher volumes. But dang, they sound good together. Especially that bass boost at super low levels, it really carries throughout my living space. Makes for a beautiful background sound.