"Mytek Empire monoblock power amps, with GaN based technology."

trinitrond was going to start this up but he’s mia. It deserves it’s own thread.

Here something from HiFi Blog on the new GaN technology Mytek Empire monoblocks, it’s got some get up and go into 8ohm and 4ohm.
Would have been good to see the 2ohm figure though, to see if it starts "wheezing" into it, or if it goes up substantially again from the 1000w 4ohm figure.

Mytek EMPIRE monoblock delivers no less than 1,000 watts of power to speaker systems with an impedance of 4 ohms. If the speaker systems have an impedance of 8 ohms, there is still a whopping 500 watts available.

04-07-2021 jwcondo 6:30am
Greetings from Medicine Hat Alberta Canada,
It does indeed use the 1.5 mhZ switching frequency. I am a dealer and I should be receiving the first one in Canada next week as they have landed on our shores.
Excited to experiment with all this new technology.
Happy Listening....John

soundlovers.ca
WOW!! That’s the only confirmed one with "1.5mhz switching frequency" beside the mighty $20k+ Technics SE-R1 and they "say" also the SU-R1000 integrated has

Can you reveal where you got this info? as I looked everywhere.
Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
I agree. Passive preamps won’t like that either. The Purifi front end eval board (FE02A) has a 5K impedance per phase....even worse. I change that in my mods to 148K.....mucho better. Designers are trying to squeeze every number. Lower impedance means less noise can get in....so maybe it measures one db better.....but you loose dynamics and openness. 30K per phase should be the lower limit. Even the older Hypex NC500 eval board had 47K per phase.

Input impedance is usually set by a resistor to ground on each phase. So, the 10K resistors could probably be changed by someone to a higher value. Pretty simple for those with a little skill.

Mytek's cheaper class D amp is suppose to be great for the money........so this 8 times the price pair of mono blocks could be killer.  However, $20K is a lot of money.
Just got an email back from admin, they can’t do it.

Input impedance is too low for many good tube preamps. 10k is just too low. I really dislike it when I see amps with input impedances that low. Just a shame and should be avoided by the builder.
Yes I mentioned this also in another thread, that it’s not tube preamp friendly or passive pre friendly.

It’s just wrong and there is really no reason (except one) to design poweramps to have input impedances this low, they should all be >47kohm (which was the industry standard) like many tube and even SS amps are.

I said "except one" reason.
Years ago, there was a power amp manufacturer that did the same silly low input impedance, and it gave his 10ohm output impedance preamp the sonic edge into his poweramp/s  over all other preamps in and A/B shootouts. (marketing ploy??)

Cheers George
GFi

Ask to have Tammy contact you. She is the one who authorized taking down my thread about the EVS 1200 after Ric asked that I take it down as he was no longer physically capable of continuing to make them