Is a Ortofon Black a step down from a Pickering XSV 3000

I currently use a Pickering XSV3000 cartridge with original stylus.  Sounds pretty good.  I do not hear many modern cartridges that sound like this one.  Is the Ortofon Black a considerable step back from this cartridge?
tzh21y
Dear @tzh21y : " ereohedron stylus is a special stylus "

well the AKG analog6 it’s too if we take your statement as true but unfortunatelly it’s not and that stylus has nothing of special: it’s a copy of the Shibata but a bad copy because the Shibata is a better design. Huges who patented it was not really an inventor about he just copy-cat and as I posted Huges did it a tiny modification to the Shibata design to be accepted his patent but that mod gaves nothing in change of advantage over the Shibata was only for to be patented.

The Paratrace is not really an invention but a mod over the VDH stylus.

Look, if you die for the cartridge you own stay with and makes no sense to go for something different. Btw, LPGear stylus comes from Nagaoka and Namiki.

R..

@chakster , hyperelliptical means that the short radius is shorter than a normal ellipse. In reality elliptical styli are not true ellipses. They are conical styli that have had two opposite sides ground down and the short axis polished on both sides. A hyperelliptical stylus just has more ground off creating a narrower contact point. Point being there is nothing special about the Stereohedron stylus. 

Now, I used very nonspecific terms like, "appear" and "may" Because I do not have these cartridges now and have never used an LP Gear product. I can not say what the real truth behind all this is. But, I have had several Pickering and Stanton products in the past and have always viewed my styli under magnification. I can say for an absolute fact that styli from Clearaudio, Soundsmith, Grado, Koetsu, Ortofon and Lyra are all much cleaner and better cut and mounted than the styli in those older cartridges. I remember returning two top of the line Pickerings because of cantilevers headed in the wrong direction. It would not be hard for a modern manufacturer to make better stylus replacements for these vintage cartridges. Using modern profiles is an added benefit.  

@rauliruegas , Musical Surroundings the Clearaudio importer in the US says all their cartridges are designed and built in house. The factory tour does show them building cartridges. So, unless somebody can give me solid information to the contrary I have to assume they do make and design their own cartridges.
Now, I used very nonspecific terms like, "appear" and "may" Because I do not have these cartridges now and have never used an LP Gear product. I can not say what the real truth behind all this is. But, I have had several Pickering and Stanton products in the past and have always viewed my styli under magnification. I can say for an absolute fact that styli from Clearaudio, Soundsmith, Grado, Koetsu, Ortofon and Lyra are all much cleaner and better cut and mounted than the styli in those older cartridges. I remember returning two top of the line Pickerings because of cantilevers headed in the wrong direction. It would not be hard for a modern manufacturer to make better stylus replacements for these vintage cartridges. Using modern profiles is an added benefit.  

They are not better cut than any of the old styli from the same manufacturers like Ogura or Namiki, all those most complicated profiules invented decades ago.

Your Clear Audio motor made by Audio-Technica in Japan (and that a cheap motor, but cartridge retail is very expensive). Unprotected cantilever is awful solution, it's easy to break accidentally. Those type of cartridge must be avoided for practical reason (any mistake with cost a lot! ). 

If it's "better" for you it's fine, but for me new $4000 MC cartridge is not better than NOS $700 Stanton MM. They are compared NOW in my listening room, not 100 years ago in your childhood.

Pickering XSV/5000 or Stanton CS-100 WOS are much better cartridges than Grado Signature model like XTZ. 

Boron Rod cantilevers and Advanced parabolic Styli on most of the modern cartridges looks identical to this combo from the mid 80's. No difference.   

I bought many Stanton and Pickering in the past 5 years, never seen any sample with bent cantilever, I also prefer to buy NOS. This is XSV/4000 cantilever

If I remember correct your Koetsu is the entry level Black model. 

At the moment in my system I have Miyabi MCA by Takeda-San, Fidelity Research FR-7fz by Ikeda-San, and Pickering XSV/5000 by Walter Stanton (replaced Joe Grado Signature XTZ). 

Pickering XSV/5000 is a killer MM cartridge for funny price compared to the rest of MC I'm using in my system now. It's very important to compare cartridges NOW, but you guys always referring to your faulty memories from the 70's, 80's. How can you even remember the sound of a cartridge you tried about 40 years ago ?? 

Dear Chakster, Evidently you really do not understand the connotations of the word "fake" as we use it here.  Or else it means something slightly different in Russian.  LP Gear sell a stylus assembly as a replacement for the original Stereohedron that fits the Pickering cartridges and includes an aluminum cantilever terminated with a press-fitted Shibata stylus.  Their ad copy very clearly describes what they are selling.  Yes, it is not an OEM stylus; they tell you that.  No, it is not fake in any way.  It is up to the buyer to decide if he or she wants to settle for what LP Gear offers or to search on-line for a true OEM replacement stylus for much more money.  Nothing wrong with either solution if your stylus is broken or worn out.  We are lucky to have LP Gear and companies like them in this crazy hobby.  I don't agree with Mijostyn that new is always better.  Sometimes, maybe. And I certainly don't hold with Clearaudio MM cartridges as sterling examples of MM cartridges that can compete with the best of the oldies. 
I can say that a good cartridge is a good cartridge i would suggest finding a good dealer that you can try different cartridges with and see what you do and dont like it will take some time and effort but the reward will be much greater than wondering.