Please help! First Hi-fi audio system for small listening space

Hello everyone,

I'm still fairly new to the hi-fi audio world and I’m thinking of putting together my first hi-fi system. I would absolutely appreciate some inputs on the right type of gear for my listening space. I’ve done a fair amount of research, but I have no direct experience with this gear and no real way of testing it live.

Current setup and room:
- Listening/gaming room is a perfect 10 sq ft box
- Audiotechnica LP40WN turntable with stock VM95E cartridge
- Schiit Mani phono preamp
- Edifier r1700BT active speakers
- Chromecast audio + Tidal hi-fi

Here are 3 possible options of systems I'm considering, depending on how much performance I can really get out of my 10x10 room:

Option 1 - In an ideal world where I'll notice significant sonic improvement:
- Triangle BR03 speakers (I already have them, still in box)
- Schiit Vidar (currently backordered til April 21st)
- Schiit SYS (I would only be connecting turntable and CCA to the setup, so no preamp needed like the Saga)
- Schiit Loki EQ
- Schiit Modi 3+ DAC (on its way) to be paired with the CCA

In case you’re wondering, the reason why it’s all Schiit gear (pun intended) is because from what I’ve seen, it’s one of the better bang for buck brands that have a direct to consumer model and that ship to Mexico. Any other big name brands I might be able to get but for exorbitant prices given the many middlemen who need to get their cut.

Option 2 - In case the abovementioned system is overkill for my small 10x10 room:
- IOTAVX SA3 integrated amp with a 45W at 8 ohms output
- Triangle BR03 or if they are still overkill, then going for a pair of ELAC debut B6.2
- CCA, Modi 3+ and Tidal hi-fi for streaming

Option 3 - In case my room is just too small to notice any meaningful difference:
- Keep my current setup, including the Edifier active speakers
- Schiit headphone amp
- Good headphones (haven’t really looked at brands or models)
- CCA, Modi 3+ and Tidal hi-fi for streaming

Additional Context:
- My Edifier active speakers have a 18W output and I usually have them at around 70-80% volume
- I have never been exposed to a true hi-fi audio system. I have no point of comparison
- I mainly listen to jazz, and jazz-related genres, classic prog rock. No electronic music / heavier rock music
- I’m currently not considering using headphones as part of my current system, but could get into the idea

I hope you can help me with your opinions and direct experience either with this type of gear and space constraints. I’m trying to find the best balance between the pricetag and the performance I’ll be able to squeeze out of the equipment.

Thank you all very much in advance.

Best regards,
128x128tarkus1984
My impression is that for someone that says they are a newbie to the HiFi world, seems to me that you already did your homework. I think any one of your options would work out.

Hopefully you bought the speakers from a dealer that has a 60 day return policy, just in case the Triangles are too much in your room. 
The PSB Alpha P5 is a speaker that might sound good with jazz and have gotten good reviews.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. 

@yyzsantabarbara , those headphones look quite impressive but I'm afraid they're way out of my budget at the moment. Thank you!

@artemus_5 Thanks! For the time being I'll be using a Chromecast audio and pair it with the Schiit DAC for streaming. I will certainly look for a more premium type of unit, like the Bluesound you recommended, in the future. As for your suggestion to go with an integrated amp, I was leaning that way too but yesterday I found quite a few reports of bad experiences with the Iotavx brand, especially when it comes to post-sale service and some QC issues. I think I may play it safe and go with Schiit even if it costs a bit more. 

@jdoris I've seen some opinions and reviews online saying that the Triangles can be placed near to walls without issue, but as you say it will be a matter of trial and error. I place my current speakers (which are also fron ported) at least 1 foot from the wall and I get a bit of boominess from the room accoustics but it doesnt sound bad. If I place them in a more nearfield listening arrangement, the boominess goes but I feel the sound loses a lot of body. I'll be playing around with the Triangles to see what they can do. Thank you!

@djones5 Thanks for your suggestion on nearfield monitors. This is something I hadn't considered. Given that they are monitors, I assume they are super neutral. Would you say that is the case for the Genelcs you suggested?

@dougsat Thank you! I started getting into this world about a year ago when the world had to spend a LOT of more time indoors. I've learned quite a bit from forums like this one and Steve Hoffman, audiosciencereview and youtube reviews. The only downside is that because I live in Mexico I don't really have a chance of testing equipment that easy and even if the brand has a good return policy, often times the international shipping is on the buyer. I bought the Triangle speakers from Amazon US so I still have about 3 weeks to return them. The bad thing is that the Schiit power amp I ordered will start shipping around April 21st, so I doubt I will have a chance to test the speakers before the return window closes. 
Yes they are very revealing. There are other active speakers more domestic friendly like Elac, Dynaudio, Buchardt. The Kef LS50 has gotten good reviews , for passive Kef R3, Revel 126be 
Any LS3/5A sealed woofer design would be worth looking into. Harbeth, Spendor, Falcon, etc., etc., make this type of speaker!
Tarkus -

By all means enjoy what you have coming in, like I said you’ve already done you research it’s now time to relax and enjoy. Don’t over think it, if you do you will get on the merry go round of changing out equipment like most of us have. Circumstances will change and the opportunity to expand your system will come over time, if you get the audiophile bug. Lastly let us know how it turns out, I suspect your room being small and square will be your biggest challenge.