Is it just me?

What is with people listing speakers for sale into the 5000. range and not bother to take off the grill or socks and showthe drivers? and in the post say the drivers are perfect.I've never responded to listing where covers were left on. Laziness perhaps? Try selling a car without showing whats under the hood.
tmaker
When I sold my GE Triton Ones here a month ago, I got a few request from tire kickers to take the grill off to show the drivers. When I responded that the grill is made to come off for servicing only and that it is a big ordeal to remove them, I was called a liar.

One of the persons who called me a liar put an offer in a week later and I refused him because of being labeled a liar from him. Just who do these people think they are? As far as showing the inside of the electronics, why? Do you think I am going to take apart one of my McIntosh pieces for some stranger? I would be worried about scratching the screws and lose sale ability of the item. I always post enough pictures but if you want to give me unreasonable requests, pass me by as I won’t sell to you out of principal.

Also, if I am asking 2K for a 5K pair of speakers which is already priced 1K below Blue Book, don’t offer me $1100.00 and then demand I pay the 700-800.00 shipping charge (I would net $300.00). If you are that type of person, steer away from my ads.

Thank you
if you really want a particular item you will follow up and ask for any info or pics you feel is omitted in the original post - it is actually easier than belly-aching on a forum such as this

different sellers have different experience levels and different degrees of ocd... many sellers are more elderly, not necessarily tech savvy

end of the day, it is about the seller’s record, their reliability

i have bought audio components and cars with minimal details, sight unseen, no proof of condition needed ... sometimes when you know someone personally or by reputation, and that person is clearly is a quality person and careful loving owner, that is all that matters
I stopped buying online from private individuals years ago. I bought a pair of Spendors from an Audiogon member. He forgot to include the spikes. I emailed him and he sent the spikes in a regular paper envelope with no padding or plastic wrap. I received an empty torn envelope and informed him. He went ballistic, cursing and threatening me for no reason other than advanced mental illness. I will only buy used from a reputable dealer after that experience.
I stopped buying online from private individuals years ago. I bought a pair of Spendors from an Audiogon member. He forgot to include the spikes. I emailed him and he sent the spikes in a regular paper envelope with no padding or plastic wrap. I received an empty torn envelope and informed him. He went ballistic, cursing and threatening me for no reason other than advanced mental illness. I will only buy used from a reputable dealer after that experience.
@stereo5 
As far as showing the inside of the electronics, why?
I did say vintage. What I meant is when they say perfect order and the caps are 50 years old, or they say refurbished but don't show the work done under the hood. No offence intended.
Case in point.