two Channel equalizer recommendations

Hi Gon’ers

i am considering adding a two channel EQ to one of my systems. Not as a notch filter but to bring up the mids just a tad bit. I’m Looking at the API 5500 

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/API5500--api-5500?mrkgadid=3341928534&mrkgcl=28&mrkg...

anyone have any experience with this particular brand or any other suggestions would be appreciated. 
Thanks 
barnettk
amen

I’m not new to the game guys. I do understand the pros and cons of using an EQ. While I do appreciate the advice, lets try to stick with the topic. I’m not asking if it’s ok to use one. I am going to use one in this application. Just was asking for a good recommendation. Respectfully I’m Not trying to be dismissive but I would rather not go down the rat hole of should I or shouldn’t I.
Kindest
@solypsa gave excellent advice. Good enough to cut the exalted disc...

Have fun, enjoy the music. 
You should be served well by my prior recomends but also look at Cranesong....
@rauliruegas 

So after looking at a few recommendations I have decided on the Klark Teknik n360. 
@solypsa 

I also looked at the Cranesong. Sounds very impressive. However for the system I’m connecting it to I don’t want to make that type of an investment. Like I said the only sliders I will use will be between 500 Hz - 2k range once I figure out which couple I will use and they will only be raised a tad bit. Everything else will be flat. For this system the Klark Teknik should be all I need. 
Thanks all for the recommendations and also the comments. I will report back and let you know my experience.