A bit of an epiphany...with humble embarrassment

I have seen speaker placement mentioned numerous times here... with staging, imaging and that "sweet spot".  Reminding you all that I am that one with the Cerwin Vega D*8s.

In another forum built around Cerwin Vegas speakers. I  was trying to see why my right speaker didn't seem as full and detailed and "there" as the left speaker.  I wondered if the driver was bad ...etc, etc.  In a troubleshooting response, it was suggested that I move my speakers around...  So...I went on line and found a fascinating article simply about speaker placement.  No news to the group here.

https://www.aperionaudio.com/blogs/aperion-audio-blog/2-channel-stereo-speaker-placement

I did move the speakers and I have just experienced one of those moments that keep us in this hobby. It is one of the most basic of all actions dealing with speakers  Placement. The results were stunning.  All I needed to do was move the speakers away from the walls. I just brought them out more into the room and let the rear ports do what they were meant to do. The left has the rear ports pointed into a hall way/dining room area and the right is symmetrically about 4 feet 6 inches from the corner of the room. It seems that the less-bass-on-the-right-speaker issue is gone. I see that there is that elusive imaging / sound stage element that can come into play,

I feel both grateful and embarrassed with my epiphany. I had no idea how simple physics played into my set up. I have lots of pictures and carpeting and stuff' that aids in the sonics.

My next venture is to see if I can take the CV D8's and place them directly on the floor; they have the "pedestal".  I now have them on two matching end tables...about 16 inches off the floor. Since I live upstirs my concern is about the mighty D8's radiating the bass into the floor.

I thought the experienced audiophiles here would get a good chuckle out of my ignorant dilemma turned learned epiphany.  Now I do not feel as compelled to retire my CV D8's to the other room and scout out some Klipsch Heritage speakers...which are a dream...on my "Bucket List".

Thanks to all.

Sincerely,

I am...a newbie...

vinylspin
vinylspin
Good to hear. Another thing to try that is free is toe in. Different angles of toe make a huge difference. Sometimes more than the difference between amps. 
had a similar experience, as well. In my case one of the speakers seemed to be weaker in volume because of how the soundstage was skewed. But when I held a DBI app on my phone in front of each speaker, the loudness was actually the same. It turns out that a lot of tinkering with placement solved the problem. My speakers are now a little bit different distance from the rear walls, and a little bit different distance from the listening position in order to compensate for a weird room that is different in front of each one.
If you put them on a few stones or bricks it will decouple them from the floor even more and you will get a much more clean sound from the lower midrange on down.
I don’t have the same problems with walls and all in my fairly large listening room. My Legacy focus xd speakers sound perfect in my room..... or so I thought. This last week I put Dirac Live into my audio stream. This not only gave me a richer fuller sound but also balanced my sound stage, eliminating the previously undetected skew to the right that my room was obviously causing. In doing instant A/B (on/off) comparisons, the off setting had the presentations ounding a bit tinny compared to the new "on" position. It is amazing what your ears will accept as wonderful sound until you are able to noticeably change it. Check it out.... should eliminate all of the micro adjustments to speaker placement.
I’m with @millercarbon on the Nobusound spring isolation solution. Those tweaks, plus speaker positioning with a tape ruler, will absolutely surprise you. Do not splurge on IsoAcoustics — overpriced and doesn’t work.