two Channel equalizer recommendations

Hi Gon’ers

i am considering adding a two channel EQ to one of my systems. Not as a notch filter but to bring up the mids just a tad bit. I’m Looking at the API 5500 

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/API5500--api-5500?mrkgadid=3341928534&mrkgcl=28&mrkg...

anyone have any experience with this particular brand or any other suggestions would be appreciated. 
Thanks 
barnettk
If you want fairly neutral check into the eq popular with mastering studios, as they are doing just this: slight changes to completed stereo mixes. The prices do go up. A great yet lesser known company to look at is Gyraf. They make a 'tilt' eq that you might find interesting.

Oh and a restored and racked Neumann 495 / OEv / PEv or similar from vintage disk cutting console could be awesome
Nike coined the best ad phrase of all time: Just Do It! In a world where ad campaigns change month to month this one was so good it was used everywhere for decades.

Don’t waste time talking, studying, planning, - Just Do It! The act itself is the reward. Just Do It! Kind of long though.

The slogan for EQ is even better: Don’t.
Dear @cerrot  :  ""  and just add distortion "", yes and a parametric eq. does it too and can works for the OP.

Klark Teknik is not " one of the same " eq., as a fact this made/design in England is unique and you can read here:

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/sys_master/h38/h07/8847672508446.pdf

Its distortion levels are low and KT has the 370 model with even lower distortion levels.

Nothing is perfect always exist trade-offs. Your very good system is an example of those trade offs because you own really good analog rig that through the phono stage you own develops really high distortions but that kind of phono stage is what you like and its trade-offs goes/meet your audio/MUSIC priorities even that that analog signal goes digital in your very good electrostatic speakers. As I said nothing is perfect.

R.

amen

I’m not new to the game guys. I do understand the pros and cons of using an EQ. While I do appreciate the advice, lets try to stick with the topic. I’m not asking if it’s ok to use one. I am going to use one in this application. Just was asking for a good recommendation. Respectfully I’m Not trying to be dismissive but I would rather not go down the rat hole of should I or shouldn’t I.
Kindest
@solypsa gave excellent advice. Good enough to cut the exalted disc...

Have fun, enjoy the music.