Dream vs. Reality - What have you bought?

Just curious about how Audiogoner's have gotten to where you are.  What systems have you heard that really seemed worth outrageous fortunes, vs. what did you end up with?

You wish you could buy ..... X but being more expensive than your home, you bought Y instead and feel you got close.
Is this you, or are you "I heard X and never heard better." type of listener?
Also, considering that some speaker systems are enormous, do you really think they'd work in the home you have?
erik_squires
You know what I have. See system. I'd like to try the flea-powered route with a top notch 45 SET and DHT phono amps etc.
"...What systems have you heard that really seemed worth outrageous fortunes..."

Infinity Servo Static 1A, tri-amplified system. Various others. At the time I though it was pretty good but I'm sure the Sanders Electrostats or the Sound Lab big panels would do a better job today. I can't leave out the Infinity RS1Bs because I'm still using half of the system. 
I never really envied any particular system configuration or felt I had to compromise sonically, regardless of price. As a former professional musician, my major criterion for putting a system together is whether instruments sound accurate. I’m not referring to a clinical, revealing accuracy of the recording which is bandied about regularly on this and other forums. Rather, I mean that a piano "sounds" like a piano is supposed to sound, a snare drum "sounds" like a snare drum should sound, etc. Of course, it’s only my perception of the requisite instrumental sonics, based on my professional experience, that guides me and has served me well over the years. YMMV.
I guess the question that I was trying to ask was, are there outrageous systems out there you have seen or heard or even read about which have qualities you want to have at home, and that have influenced the system you have today?  Or are these systems completely unrelated in your mind?

Or conversely, have you bought your best possible system, because you are not motivated by more expensive configurations anymore? 
No system at any price crush completely mine which cost me 500 bucks, even if many for sure are better...

But if there was a contest i will win in the category Maximum S.Q./minimum price and many people will be ashamed for the price paid for their "better" system compared to mine... 😊😁😎

My secret: acoustic controls mainly.....

Upgrading is for me impossible and ridiculous money wise....

I guess the question that I was trying to ask was, are there outrageous systems out there you have seen or heard or even read about which have qualities you want to have at home, and that have influenced the system you have today? Or are these systems completely unrelated in your mind?
No, to answer the first part....And to answer the second question, yes, they are unrelated completely.... No acoustic controls and no room are the same....

Not knowing that condemn most to chasing their tails and at the same time chasing the moon.... A difficult course of acrobatic...