Is a Ortofon Black a step down from a Pickering XSV 3000

I currently use a Pickering XSV3000 cartridge with original stylus.  Sounds pretty good.  I do not hear many modern cartridges that sound like this one.  Is the Ortofon Black a considerable step back from this cartridge?
tzh21y
those conical are magic sounding. we also use them for casual listening m44, Stanton 500, denon. different energy. 

also I used some of the new hyper eleptical eleptical  didn't last as long as those old stuff. made in China even.. that's the worst 
they are radio stations peoples
ex  Atlanta recording
sound men for studio. 

that's not only cart they' used.. emt, 981lsz body which I got free from them.. they do it for a living.. 

huge load collection of reel to reel. 

Dear @lewm  : I experienced in more than one time to buy on LPGear and is trusty one with out doubt.

They works as OEM and its replacement stylus are good because are made it for one of the 5 only world manufacturers. So, cantilevers and stylus shape does not comes from Jico but for the other manufacturers.

They have original replacements too as new cartyridges and even NOS ones.

https://www.lpgear.com/product/ATN150SA.html

Do it you a favor and pull the triger on this MI not MM but hurry about:

https://www.lpgear.com/product/STANTON681EEEMK3.html

R.

LP GEAR styli are fake, they have no rights for use Stanton or Pickering trademark logo. Their styli are blank. Those are fake and has absolutely nothing to do with Stanton or Pickering company at their hey day under Walter O. Stanton leadership who sold his company in the 90’s and since that time Stanton or Pickering never made any Hi-Fi cartridge! Under the New ownerships (Stanton Group) manufacturing ONLY cheap DJ cartridges, turntables etc.

Here is a history lesson:

** Mr. Pickering was one of the founders of the Audio Engineering Society in 1948, was George Szell’s recording consultant, researched violin acoustics and constructed more than fifty vioins and violas and was active in the Violin Society of America. He also worked on ultrasound eye imaging with the technique’s inventor. After the war ended in 1945, Pickering met an engineer who said he could sell all of the pickups he could build. So with some friends he went into business in Oceanside, Long Island and sure enough as many as he could build were quickly sold at first only to radio stations. But by 1947 the demand from high-fidelity fanatics was strong enough for what’s now called a ‘cartridge’ and Pickering & Company was formed to meet the new hobby’s demands. By the mid 1950s, the company employed more than 150 people at its Plainview, Long Island headquarters.
Norman C. Pickering, an engineer, inventor and musician whose pursuit of audio clarity and beauty helped make phonograph records and musical instruments sound better , died in East Hampton, N.Y. He was 99.

** Walter O Stanton. A pioneer in the audio field, Stanton was responsible for many of the early patents in phono cartridge and styli design and electrostatic speakers, as well as other electro mechanical items. He was one of the early leaders in the audio industry and served as president of both the Institute of Hi Fidelity and the Audio Engineering Society (AES). One of the original owners of Pickering & Company, started in 1947, he later established Stanton Magnetics Inc in 1961. He was the chairman and president of both Pickering & Co and Stanton Magnetics Inc until 1998. Under his leadership, the various companies developed leading products in the audio, aerospace, military and communications fields with factories in Plainview, New York and West Palm Beach, Florida.

Walter O. Stanton, the inventor of an easily replaceable phonograph stylus that was crucial to creating a consumer market for audio equipment, died in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. He was 86.

Dear @anthonya : I understand your enthusiasm for the pro but unfortunatelly even your best recording studio friends are far away from true high-end audiophiles.

So, not a true reference for audiophiles, at least for me.

Conical, magical? certainly for you and maybe to some one else with low knowledge levels. Yes we can listen LPs through a Denon 103 or with a Fulton one.

Maybe what you need to research is the main importance of the cartridge motor that goes way before stylus shape because cantilever is even more important than stylus shape.

"""   better durability of the stylus. "" in the original. This is a misunderstood because all stylus are from diamond material and exist only 3 suppliers for all the cartridge industry. Different stylus shapes could last longer than other in between.

It’s enough for today, to each his own.

R.