Stream laptop to system

This is probably a question that’s been answered before, but I can’t find it.
Is it feasible to wirelessly stream from a laptop to a stereo rig?
If so, how is it done?
I now stream easily from my iPad with airplay to my set, but don’t know how to do it from a laptop which I’m considering buying.

128x128rvpiano
@rvpiano  - I have an Auris BluME HD bluetooth receiver attached to my system. I stream Spotify Premium, Tidal and YouTube to my system via bluetooth through the Auris BluME. The Auris BluME has both analog and digital outputs so you can add an external DAC if you choose. Sound quality is pretty darn good for a bluetooth receiver. Go to Auris.com. A 15% discount code will pop up if you leave the site. With the 15% discount code - TAKE15, it costs $101 w/free shipping. It's a really nice piece and much better than any other bluetooth receiver I've used.

I’m streaming from both Qobuz and Idagio.  I receive the signal through an Arcam streamer.  My stereo rig consists of separates: Benchmark amp and DAC, CJ preamp. GoldenEar speakers, etc.
What I want to do is download normal and hi res files from different internet sites and stream them wirelessly to my system.
Your Arcam supports UPnP. Software is available for UPnP streaming from Windows and Mac. Look at JRiver, Plex, Universal Music Server and other software.

If your computer/laptop is a Mac, you can also use Airplay as you are now doing with iPad.
For hardwired much better sound is available by putting the tracks on a drive (hard OR flash) and plugging it in. Arcam don’t do that.
For <$150 you can convert USB to SPDIF with a Topping D10s or an M2Tech and plug it into the Arcam. It’ll probably sound worse than UPnP. The Topping analog out MIGHT sound better than the Arcam.
You ARE doomed to keeping the computer on for all play