A strange business model for audio

I purchased a Technic sug700 integrated amp used on here and while it is not perfect (only70 watts aside from class d) I  am enjoying my time with it, as Ricardo would say it looks and sounds marvelous. There were a number of factors I took into consideration including two stellar reviews.
So naturally, I am interested in Panasonic/Technics and what they might be planning. So the buzz is they are getting back in the USA in a big way. Yet when I try to contact either the parent corp. or Technics I either get a nonworking number, nonworking email address, or some useless computer directing me to those nonworking numbers. I also found out if something went wrong with the amp.it  would have to be shipped 2000mi to fla. When I called their dealers none of the locals had any of my amps in inventory and were awaiting their first shipments. I have not run across any ads or other reviews son I guess they are not reaching out to them why not I  wonder,if it was a kef LS50 there would be a dozen reviews. This product line has been out for at least 3 years. It is as if they abandoned the US market or the marketing and distribution  depts. are incompetent. Just saying my experence.

scott22
If I remember correctly in Tom Peter’s book in search of excellence he said the best corporations had three driving characteristics they took care of their employees, customers, and their local community while in pursuit of profit. Such a culture is I believe inherent in small enterprises and lost in larger ones whose goal is only to maximize profits above all.
I believe most of us have had positive experiences with the small audio companies that when we call we get the owner or a person willing to spend time with us or who have policies that are consumer centered such as free 30 day trial in home with shipping covered both ways. Such a policy could threaten the very survival of the small shop but clearly puts the interest of the consumer first. Thanks for your insightful responses.
What a lot of people don;t realize is that many companies that used to manufacture equipment, now just slap on their name onto something that companies such as FoxCom design and build.   This is even true with cars.  For example, an Austrian company, called Steyer something, makes the current Supra that everyone thinks is a BMW.  The fact is  that the BMW is also a Steyer, as are all 5 series BMW's, the Mercedes G series etc. Porsche even had a deal in place for them toi make the Boxter, but suddenly bought Ghia, as in the VW Karmann Ghia, to make them.  Look at your television. It might have a gluisd on brand name plus a decal on the back.  Don't get too excited if a holding company buys the right to a brand name. Just remember, one oriental investment company sells its brands, Denon, Marantz, and McIntosh, as if these companies still exist as separate entities.
Your handy tell them apart reference:
Ricardo Montalban https://youtu.be/BoVv1a354Bo?t=66
Danny Ric https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qkN5CxjN2w
Ricky Ricardo https://youtu.be/_9ivqXzmrZ0?t=41
Granted it is kinda hard to tell Danny Ric and Ricky Ricardo apart.
It sounds like a sign of the times because their are no dealer and distribution networks anymore audio products have become throw away items and they are being built as such it is a sad state of affairs.