Best DAC / Budget

I think this is a gain issue between my analog and digital sides - but I just don't know enough
I hit a wall with the digital side yesterday
I generally listen on the lower side of listening levels
Yesterday I came home and decided to see what this rig could do and put it through it's paces on both the analog and digital side.
I'm playing vinyl on a Nottingham 294 space deck with a 12" tone arm and a Lyra Delos cart - through a EAR 843 tube phono stage - line input on a Rogue Cronus Mark I - KT120 tubes - bypassing the Rogue phono stage.  It sounds just completely glorious. I'm very happy with it.
Digital is a different problem. I've always understood this gear was meant as place holders - they got the ball rolling.
I'm streaming from Tidal, through a Pro-Ject Stream Box Ultra 2 (ethernet cat 6 hard wired to a router), through  a gifted Schitt Mano 2 DAC.

The Problem:
Analog completely surpasses the digital in every way
Digital - turning up the volume (to very high levels) only seems to result in filling in the low register and not actually increasing the volume.
I'm fully aware I am comparing a DAC to a Deck which costs many times more.

Looking for recommendations for a separate stand alone DAC which complements the analog side and for an idea of budget.
Thanks everyone

smaarch1
You have already gotten a lot of good recommendations. I really like my Schiit amp and have heard a lot of good things about their dacs. Maybe you can find a used Yggdrasil for less than $2k?

Or go down in price and try Okto.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/okto-dac8-stereo-da-processor
Shitt dacs don’t do MQA.  They’re still great, but you have to weigh that going in. 
I have a very similar analog rig as you. I have an ear 834 p and vpi classic 3. My digital is a chord cutest direct usb from iMac. I stream through tidal. I a/b the exact song from analog to digital and vice versa and the sq is very close. I’d look into the chord cutest. It also has a gain selection. Fantastic dac. Around 1500. 
I've been there.  I had the Modi, Then a $1500 Project, next a $2500 Metrum, now a $6000 Totaldac d1 core, which I love and does complement my vinyl.  Personally, I like R2R, but that kind of limits you to PCM, in my thinking.  Why pay all that for R2R unless you use PCM?  So, what format do you like best and see as staying around - DSD, MQA, PCM?  Then spend your money on the best you can budget for that format.  That's what we do with vinyl - pay a bunch of money for disc with grooves and a RIAA curve.

The Audio Mirror is too laid back.
I'm not sure what laid back means, but like any piece of gear, the sound depends on everything in your system.  

In my system, the Audio Mirror Tubadour lll SE sounded great.  At the time, I had a Herron VTSP-3A (R02) pre amp and NAD M22v2 power amp with an Innous Zenith MKII streamer.  I was quite happy with that combination.

I decided to upgrade to a full PS Audio stack (BHK pre amp and BHK 250 power amp), and replaced the Tubadour with a DirectStream DAC (DSD).  With the PS Audio stack, the DSD sounds more "analog like" than the Tubadour. 

OP, having said that, the Tubadour is a fine DAC.  If you are not in a hurry, I recommend you call Vlad and test drive one in your system.