Pass XP12. Tame, Anemic?

Hi,
just got a Pass xp 12 pre and it seems very “tame” “un-dynamic” it’s very nice and transparent but rather bland and doesn’t seem “alive” kind of “sleepy@.  I also expected more and tighter bass than my 6h30 tube pre.  I have on a trial and awaiting a LTA mz3 next week to compare.  Anybody experience this? Is the xp22 noticeably more dynamic? I’m pariing with Pass xa25 and Klipsh Cornwalls.  I never would have thought I had to worry about the Cornwalls sounding too tame. 
Thanks for any perspective 
caglioti
+1 for more burn in, and +1 for better RCAs. Are you using any power filtering or conditioning? Also, what speaker cables and power cables are you using?
Caglioti-

I have the XA-25 paired with the LTA-MZ2. It's a wonderful combination, eventually would like to move up to a the MZ3 or the big boy model.

I wish I could say I have paired with some Klipsch products to see how it sounds, but I haven't done it yet. I have a friend with some Heresy's, that we have discussed, mating. (could we sell the offspring?)

I have recently been experimenting with Shunyata Research venom v2 HC power cord, for the XA-25, vs the stock cable. Herb Reichert has a review that discusses the XA-25 being a little finicky with certain speaker cables. I use Zu Event Interconnects and a pair of $500.00 Audio Art speaker cables that work well. I also never turn any amp off, especially the XA-25.

I've listened to a few amps and I have never heard an amp with the kinda of texture and tone of the XA-25. I would also never imagine saying that my XA-25 was lacking Bass,... had to chuckle a little on that one. Once you get the two hooked up, I'd love to hear your opinion.

You need to tame those klipsch with a tube pre. Forget the pass pre. Conrad Johnson would be sweet. 
I'd second those who've said it takes a few days to warm up. After that it sounds more musical. 

I find it transparent, lucid and dynamic, resolving low-level detail effectively whilst separating different strands in louder parts. It's low-noise, quite neutral, and musical. 

If your system doesn't lean in that direction, or that isn't your preference, you might miss its strengths.

Weakness is that it lacks a little power. 

You don't mention your front-end; as you upgraded from another preamp presumably the XP-12 is an improvement in other respects? It could be more revealing of the sources; it could be that one of the Pass Labs preamps with a bigger PS will help. 

Only one way to find out - can your dealer offer a demo, or a loan?