Pass XP12. Tame, Anemic?

Hi,
just got a Pass xp 12 pre and it seems very “tame” “un-dynamic” it’s very nice and transparent but rather bland and doesn’t seem “alive” kind of “sleepy@.  I also expected more and tighter bass than my 6h30 tube pre.  I have on a trial and awaiting a LTA mz3 next week to compare.  Anybody experience this? Is the xp22 noticeably more dynamic? I’m pariing with Pass xa25 and Klipsh Cornwalls.  I never would have thought I had to worry about the Cornwalls sounding too tame. 
Thanks for any perspective 
caglioti
I would agree, if you don’t like it at all, move on. It’s not your cup of tea. Don’t think it’s going to change enough in sound to make you like it. 
I will continue to leave on and evaluate.  I have a LTA mz3 coming next week, interested in Don Sachs and Aric Audio Motherload, (wonder how the Sachs and Aric compare). I’ve had a Prima Luna, a little “mushy”. Side note, I’m starting to wonder if the Xa25 is has limited bass and treble, despite great midrange. I haven’t compared many amps 
The XA25 isn’t the issue. As others have mentioned give it 5-7 days. Never turn it off. Put the display on auto dim if you want. The Blue Jeans RCA’s might be a part of it. 
I too was interested in the Don Sachs preamp, but after Aric sent me one of his preamps to demo, I was sold! He and I worked together to craft the original Motherlode(based heavily off of The Dude by TRL). I liked that he works with the client to dial in exactly what you want in your gear. With Don, you don't have the ability to customize. 

Don't waste your time and energy...jettison the Pass pre and move on...they are not on the same level as their amps.
I have Pass XA 160.8.  It’s paired with a tube preamp (AR Ref 6) and Silent Source cables. Works for me.  Very musical and dynamic.