Denafrips Aries II and Mac laptop issue

hi all

Recently got a Denafrips Aries II and I am trying to use it with my Mac laptops, both running latest MacOS Big Sur.  I seem to be having issues where the laptops either freeze up or become super slow when I connect the unit via USB. Sometimes it works, but then when i disconnect and reconnect Mac does not detect it anymore and the same problem repeats. 

I just installed the latest firmware too last night. Initially I thought it helped. But the same issues came back soon. Has anybody had this experience? I see this with both my laptops, one is older and other is very new.  Not sure if this is a Big Sur compatibility issue.

I primarily use Mac for my listening and if I cant get this resolved I will have to send the unit back.

Many thanks! 
flyby
Also, I'm running Mojave, as a couple of my music interfaces were not working with Big Surr.

I gathered that the later versions of macOS had some changes to the sampling rate supports. 

For DENAFRIPS, we have make the necessary update to the USB MCU firmware so that our DDC/DAC are compatible with the latest macOS. 

We have published the firmware V3.4.1, it's tested compatible with macOS. Guide to update: https://www.denafrips.com/firmware-update-usb

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Alvin @ www.vinshineaudio.com
Update!  A few weeks ago I got in touch with Alvin, got the firmware update (had to use my wife's PC), but now the Ares II works perfectly with my macbook pro and two different iphones.  The new firmware fixed it.
I can’t seem to update. I got to the Update USB MCU.bat part but it says it failed 
It says file not found

xprog is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Failed, please try again. 
Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?