Should I replace Denon DL-103R with Dynavector DRT-XV1 mounted

I have been using Denon DL-103R mounted on SME-IV arm for a quite some time. It is the only cartridge I have ever had. Now I have an opportunity to purchase Dynavector DRT-XV1 for a good price. Since I have never had a chance to listen to another cartridge I am not sure what to expect from another cart in term of sound quality. I wonder if replacing Denon with 10 times more expensive Dynavector would result to a noticeable sound difference assuming the rest of the system is capable to reproduce the sound Dynavector cart delivers? Or does the cartridge upgrade fall under the same category with cables and interconnects upgrades where some listeneres can hear the difference and some not?
esputnix
assuming the rest of the system is capable to reproduce the sound Dynavector cart delivers?

Therein is the key. You cannot put a Catch can on a 100 HP engine and expect an improvement. On a 700-800-900 HP, it will make a difference. A time & place for everything.

There should be a big difference in these cartridges. I've heard neither but I've climbed the cart ladder and each step was an improvement.

A 10x more expensive cartridge won`t give you 10x better sound, but I don`t doubt for a second that you will hear an improvement. Your SME IV arm should easily take the upgrade, it is a very good arm IMO.
I have several DL 103s and they are very good cartridges for their price. Never heard the Dynavector, though.
I went from a 110 and  103r. The 110 was better because I had to use a Denon step up on the 103r (I still have it). The 110 was better. I just got an Ortofon Black MM. It just whips the pants off my 110. 567.00. It was close to the same price as the 103r 90.00 dollars more, not 10 times. BUT quite a sonic improvement.. An MM Cart..

Denon are good carts, a GREAT re tip goes a long ways though..

I'm looking at Soundsmith Carmen MKII 999.00. 2 X not 10 X.

I bet you get the biggest bang from the two I mentioned. From there on up it is a fine line of great EARS, and great acoustics. From that point it is the 50k TT with 10K tonearms and 10K carts. (bragging rights so to speak). 

If the room is right and OK gear.. LOL with my ears. I'll be REAL happy.. I haven't even got my phono stage yet. The C20 Mac with the hot rodded MM , MI and MC phono section is just killer.. Carts and phono stage is real place the union really starts. Just like that Denon SUT, I have. Some swear by them.. Yet a little work on a valve phono stage ran circles around it.. The C20 with Samra's touch..

The MATCH is the key... 

Regards
Someday I will replace a Denon dl103R as well so interested to know some good options.

Linn Axis with Linn Basik tonearm, Electrocompaniet step up transformer (with home grown mu metal shielding for no noise), Audio Research sp16 phono stage.

Dead quiet and sounds great to my ears.