2 Ohm Tekton Pendragons

I was just looking at the new models at Tekton. They have a very interesting new version of the Pendragon with the 5-driver array from the Dynamo Monitor. Looks good. But it's $2200/pr loudspeaker. Is there a similarly priced audiophile quality amplifier that can consistently drive a 2 ohm load. And that's an average rating which means that it must dip below 2 ohms at some frequencies. 

Does this puzzle anyone other than me?

Glen 
128x128spacecadet65
@mapman, +2
You have been on point with your comments on this thread.
As you and others have noted there’s ’little’ rationale for a 2 ohm nominal speaker load. The only possibility I can envision for 2 ohm impedance and 98 db sensitivity is seeking a high SPL/ volume objective.

Ralph (Atmasphere) has explained very eloquently that the lower the speaker impedance load the more amplifier distortion. Less distortion when driving higher impedance loads. I guess to some he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Okay.
Charles
My guess is that they are choosing to use 2 x 4 ohm mid-woofers, and matching the tweeter impedance to that rather than making a 4 Ohm speaker with 92 dB sensitivity... which would be fine.

Usually we see high efficiency speakers with high impedance as great matches for tubes.  This is not that speaker.  It is instead a very demanding speaker for solid state amplifiers which in the end probably won't give us much more volume, since the max output of most amps is going to be current limited.
My VAC PA100 tube amp has dedicated 2 ohm taps.  Can’t say how it would play on that tap as I’m not interested in that type of speaker.  But if someone is interested in trying the aforementioned speaker, the VAC could theoretically be a solid match.