2 Ohm Tekton Pendragons

I was just looking at the new models at Tekton. They have a very interesting new version of the Pendragon with the 5-driver array from the Dynamo Monitor. Looks good. But it's $2200/pr loudspeaker. Is there a similarly priced audiophile quality amplifier that can consistently drive a 2 ohm load. And that's an average rating which means that it must dip below 2 ohms at some frequencies. 

Does this puzzle anyone other than me?

Glen 
128x128spacecadet65
Reading the marketing write up on the site for the product, sounds like this product is pitching a unique sound to its cult like fans. I suppose distortion associated with low impedance speakers used with most amps would produce a unique sound that some might take to and not find elsewhere.
But based on pure science it sounds like a bad idea. Which means some rebels out there will love the idea just because it defies science/common knowledge. Plus they probably will go loud faster than many and maybe not even damage their amps. Would have to see more detailed measurements like those on Stereophile to know the likelihood. Can’t imagine anyone would sell a speaker that kills amps though it reads like these would have a better chance than most anything else. Who knows. Could just be all marketing hype.....another product that is somewhat different to garner attention. Time will tell.
2 ohm nominal? Wonder what the low and high impedance is at the various frequencies. 2 ohm nominal suggests it will be even lower at some frequencies.

someone is bound to review these and do some measuring just because 2 ohms will attract attention if nothing else. I’d like to see that.

there have been popular cult speakers with very low impedance over the years. Apogee comes to mind. Some people swear by those ribbons and will do what it takes to find an amp that can do them justice.
Who listens to MC anyway? He is so wrong on many of his comments. A 2 ohm load is going to be a problem for most amps. With speakers like what MC has, you would be spending around a grand or 2 for an amp to match the caliper of his speakers and no way are you going to find an amp that will handle a 2 ohm load at realistic volume levels.
Also, a couple of reviewers that have reviewed Tekton speakers have stated their 96-96db ratings were over exaggerated by 7db, a typical speaker will be in the 86-90db range
I don't know what solid state amps would be happy with a nominal 2 ohm load, but, there probably are some out there.  In the past there were crazy demanding speakers, like the Apogee Scintilla, that were notorious for blowing up amps.  That speaker had a 1 ohm rating.  It was called the Krell killer.  I liked the sound of that speaker, but, I bet some of the appeal had to do with the thrill of living dangerously.
@p05129 Well the internet is a powerful tool for shaping opinions. Seems like if you repeat something enough some perhaps many people will believe it. Need not be true. There is a lot of that at play these days. Especially when it cost you nothing except time and effort to try and shape people’s opinion and gain influence.
First, it is true that you don't need a ton of power, but there are relatively few Hi-Fi amps that are more than stable at 2 ohms and few thrive at such a low impedance.  Either auto or pro audio might have decent options as they tend to run at lower impedances.  

Second, as someone who has owned speakers with a 1.7ohm minimum impedance, they are a giant pain.  I had the original Infinity Kappa 8.1s which were notoriously miserable to drive.  There are not many amps that are happy at a nominal impedance of 2 ohms, and definitely not in that price range.  Certainly, you will never drive them with a tube amp.  

The Naim NAP 300 DR is one I can think of that is fine at 2 ohms for extended periods but that is a $14K amp.  Not sure I can think of many others.  If I bought those, I would buy a big bag of fuses to go with them unless I had just the right amp.