2 Ohm Tekton Pendragons

I was just looking at the new models at Tekton. They have a very interesting new version of the Pendragon with the 5-driver array from the Dynamo Monitor. Looks good. But it's $2200/pr loudspeaker. Is there a similarly priced audiophile quality amplifier that can consistently drive a 2 ohm load. And that's an average rating which means that it must dip below 2 ohms at some frequencies. 

Does this puzzle anyone other than me?

Glen 
128x128spacecadet65
@onhwy61 ,
https://tektondesign.com/product/full-range-speakers/full-towers/pendragon-2-ohm/#color
Much depends upon where the 2 ohm dip occurs. If it is in the bass region, it would severely tax just about any amplifier.- And, that isn't including any phase shift.
bob
Sunfire 300 or 600. 
Sanders Magtech 

Odyssey Kismets   

Sanders Magtech will drive about any load you can hook up to her.     Anyone read Magtech review with those MBL Radialstrahler speakers, and the Magtechs controlled them without breaking a sweat. 
Easy peasy.. Hypex NC500 will drive them no problem..  If they are wired at 2 ohm, no idea on that one. I wouldn't, especially for a full range speaker.. limits the choices.

That is a class d amp speaker plain and simple.. 2 ohm stable A/B way to expensive. Class d for sure.. 1000.00 will drive the neighbors out for sure.. BUT 2 ohm? WAY to much distortion and the lower you go the higher it goes.. 8-16 ohms is still preferred for mids and highs.. 

Especially valve amps.. Night and day on small planars or ribbons when they are driven at 4 opposed to 16 ohms.. Just very clean at 16 ohms.. 
The tech side is "better bandwidth". The same reason I like valves for low mids, mids and highs.. They just work better there.. 

98% what on earth are they used for PA? How do you get 98% domes?
You better not have ANY noise in a system... That is really pushing it..
I think the 98% is a bit hype... I'd have to see the numbers on that one and how they came up with them.. They just don't work...

With todays amps and the headroom available for the dollars.. WHY? 2 ohms?

Regards
+1 @mapman  and +1 again.

I hope atmasphere sees this thread. Ralph often says 8ohm nominal is good and 16ohm is even better for his amps.

Eric makes fine speakers from all the comments and reviews I've read. But why 2ohms? 
98dB... Let's wait and see what John Atkinson's measurements are.