Dream Speakers = landed. Now I need to feed them!

So I scored a pair of Belle Klipsch (1987 models, AB crossover).  I would have gone for Khorns, but the room they were going in just wasn't going to work.  RIght now, I'm running a cheap little Sony (STR-DH190) stereo receiver on them, and even that sounds amazing, but I know I've barely scratched the surface of what they're capable of.  The dream is a pair of SET monoblocks (probably 300B type), though I'm worried about not being able to drive the bottom enough.  I listen to a wide array of music from classical and opera to extreme metal, though my wife is decidedly more of a rock person, so I definitely need something that will push those woofers proper. 

Due to lifestyle and logistics, a big piece of my source audio is going to be HQ feeds from my laptop via Bluetooth.  I know, not an ideal source, but until I build my HTPC, it's just going to have to work.  I also need to run optical out from my Sony Bravia (which I can't do right now because the receiver doesn't have optical in and the TV doesn't have analog out).  

Here's the hard part: Right now, I can't really spend more than $1k for the whole shebang.  So I started hunting.

At first I was sniffing around looking for a tube preamp that can handle both Bluetooth and Toslink, but all that seems to be out there are suspiciously cheap Chinese integrated amps that have no pre out for later use.  I also looked at some dedicated DAC's such as the Cambridge Audio DACMagic, that I knew I could pair with a BT-capable tube pre.  But I'm still sketchy about the cheap Chinese kit.  I've heard positive things about Dared, though, and I was thinking their 5BT would be a good foundation alongside the aforementioned DAC, because I could use its power stage for right now, and if I can't stay in the right now budget to get a good pair of monoblocks, then I could wait for a while and buy the right ones later. 

Thoughts? Opinions?  Alternative ideas?  

jerkface
One suggestion, 1)buy a DAC having USB, coax, and optical inputs (there are budget ones that are very good); 2)buy a passive preamp like the Douk Audio off Ebay (~$40), 3) buy a used tube amplifier given the vintage nature of your speakers I would consider a refurbished Dynaco ST-70. 

Most DACs have have more that enough gain to satisfy need of an amplifier without active preamp. The DAC will supply required signal gain and serve as selector for multiple source components.  The passive pre has single input and output with volume control. Amplifier drives speakers and a tube one is know as a great fit with your speakers, sonic and power wise.

Not the only way to go, however does fit your budget and allows for easy upgrade path.

@mesch - that last line is the key for me. Upgrade path.  Start with components I can replace as both my needs and budget increase. 

But at the same time, there's wisdom in the idea of taking individual steps and see how my needs evolve.  Maybe just getting a DAC to address the TV problem,  build the HTPC, then, free of the need for BT, make a more SQ-focused choice for a pre or maybe even an integrated unit.

I mean, I said they sound great with the Sony, but I've heard these things truly sing at the Klipsch HQ on a tour, so I know how far I have to go before I hit that potential. 
If you want to get started with Bluetooth in an amp that will probably sound pretty  good for a pittance with zero risk (returnable) as an easy start consider:

Amazon.com: Fosi Audio

I have one of these driving a pair of KEF ls50s, not an easy task, and was shocked at how well it does.   My little $80 Fosi  with bluetooth is no slouch by a longshot, its dead quiet in my application and might just do great with a pair of high efficiency speakers like those Klipsch.
There is no right or wrong way to go. If you were to try Townshend Pods, some Synergistic Orange Fuses and Master Coupler power cord, and a $400 integrated amp, I think you would be shocked to discover they each give about as much improvement as the other. I know this is the case from having played around trying one thing at a time with systems I was building for friends and family. At one point I put a $1200 interconnect between a $400 amp and $400 CD player connected to $400 speakers. So $1200 IC into a $1200 system.  

And you know what? Darn thing made just as much improvement, was just as easy to hear, and sounded just the same as when used in my main system that it came from. Just that one thing shattered something like three audiophile myths! 

This is the difference between talking and doing. Go and do it. You will see.
Use what you have, start saving for a monobloc pair or a great stereo amp. 
    Until then, use and enjoy what you have.