2 Ohm Tekton Pendragons

I was just looking at the new models at Tekton. They have a very interesting new version of the Pendragon with the 5-driver array from the Dynamo Monitor. Looks good. But it's $2200/pr loudspeaker. Is there a similarly priced audiophile quality amplifier that can consistently drive a 2 ohm load. And that's an average rating which means that it must dip below 2 ohms at some frequencies. 

Does this puzzle anyone other than me?

Glen 
128x128spacecadet65
What puzzles me is the obsession with impedance. When the speakers are 98dB sensitivity, how much current can it possibly take??!

Also if you do want to talk impedance, try listening to Eric. Learn that low impedance is actually desirable and yields better sound. Some of his designs like my Moabs can be ordered in 8 ohm version. All the gear heads on this site urged me to order them, swore they would sound better than 4 because, tubes. Current.

BS.

While on the other hand, every time I point out the irrefutable fact that low sensitivity speakers are hard to drive, people come out of the woodwork skirts over their heads in a tizzy. Like we don’t all know low sensitivity requires tons of watts and current.

So even though this is all patently obvious I do not expect it to catch on any time soon. We live in an age of superstition. Believe what you want. Buy em or don’t. Puzzle away all you want. Me, I have a fantabulous sound system to build. See ya!
2 ohm? Really?  Interesting. Personally I’d let others try those first.

Or just take advice from those with simple and biased views of how things work just because and try it for yourself.

I’d be interested to hear out it works out. Also some measurements to back up the published specs which are very loose as published to start with.

Hey Miller - 

I have a pair of Impact Monitors (4 ohm) on order. So to an extent you are preaching to the converted. I have an amp that will cheerfully drive a nominal 4 ohm load all day long and is stable into 2 ohms. I'm not questioning Eric's technical chops at all. But from my experience working for a consumer amplifier manufacturer and  having represented several others in the business, I know for a fact that those circuit designers are not typically expecting their customer to be driving speakers with a 2 ohm nominal load - especially since that "nominal" impedance implies that the actual impedance dips lower than that. Now the engineering team at Crown or QSC, etc. have a different mission. My question is what consumer-positioned brand makes an amp circuit that is happy at 2 ohms and lower? That's all. 

Mapman: Yup see the link here:

https://tektondesign.com/product/full-range-speakers/full-towers/pendragon-2-ohm/#color

I'd certainly call the company and ask someone for an amp recommendation before placing the order. But I am curious to hear how the 5-driver array sounds like compared the 7-driver setup.